I opened my hand and lifted it so my palm was flat.  

I did what I knew I was never capable of before...

I created fire.

The small flame danced on my palm in a ball. Gabriel stared at it with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"I'm a monster." I whispered. I closed my hand. "I can create fire now. My body is getting stronger. And yet... I couldn't stop those flames from spreading through the house. I couldn't use my energy to save Kimberly." My jaw clenched. "I held her hand and apologized to her... For everything that's happened between us. You know what she did? She squeezed my hand and smiled." My voice started to shake. "She thought the words, its okay. And thank you.' She knew she was going to die. She knew." My voice broke.

My voice echoed through the trees.

"Mr. Williams is the demon's worker." I murmured.

Gabriel cursed and said, "I knew there was something off about him."

I continued staring down at the rectangular hole in the ground.

"Show me what happened..." He whispered.

I showed him exactly what happened and watched his face cloud over. I didn't leave out anything. I couldn't. It all came rushing back to me. His hand covered mine. "Alex..."

"I can't do anything about it now." I mumbled. "What's done is done."

His eyebrows furrowed. "You don't feel that way."

"You don't know what I feel." I said as I turned to walk away. He grabbed my arms and spun me around.

"Listen to me. And I want you to listen good because this is important. I want you to close your eyes and think of nothing but Kimberly. But not just Kimberly... But her soul... Her life form, her energy."

I shook my head but he shook my shoulders.

"Alex this wasn't your fault. You need to understand that. Now please listen to me; concentrate everything on Kimberly. Try and locate that energy."

I shut my eyes and sighed. I let myself search for that energy... Search for Kim. But I found nothing... Not even a spark. 

"I can't..."

"Yes, you can. You're looking in the wrong place. Don't just search this world but think of all the others. Think of them all."

I let my senses expand and left myself vulnerable to other worlds. I felt the souls descending from this world. I heard some of their cries of surprise and some of their happiness to be rid of this world... 

And then I felt it... A spark.

I tried grabbing onto it but it fluttered further away. But I grabbed it. 

It was Kim. Her soul. She was pure. A spark of a white light. The White light flickered and shone bright. And then there was a voice.... Her voice.

"I know what you are... That's so weird..." I knew it was her just by her words. The White ball of light formed into the shape of a human. Kimberly's features outlined into the body but her hair was now a compete White. She smiled at me.

I smiled back at the soul. "I'm---"

"Don't apologize, Alex. It wasn't your fault. Williams' asked me for a favour so I stupidly said yes. I wasn't expecting him to do something like that."

"You weren't supposed to be involved in this."

Her almost transparent hand touched mine. It felt like a warm pillow. "My time is up."