"This is my brother, Ciaran."

A flicker of recognition passed through Chiron. "Ah, the one you talk so much about." His gaze flickered between the two of them, realization dawning on his face. "I see, I think I understand what is going on."

"Uhh, Chiron? Should I go?" The boy next to him spoke up.  

"There's no need, Percy. This shouldn't take long."

Even then, he stepped back, but not before taking another peek at them, catching Lux's attention.

He was a slight, lean boy around her age, his face haggard as if he both got too much sleep and not enough of it. But it did nothing to dull the color of his eyes, a bright sea-green that reminded her of the crystalline waves near the shore, the kind of color that poets would devote an entire poem to. If she wasn't so wrapped up in everything that just transpired, Lux wondered if she would have been lost in them more.

"Now then, when did you find out?" Chiron asked.

"Just now. But it's possible he's not a demigod, right? He's not diagnosed with ADHD, not dyslexic, and as far as I can tell, he's never been hunted down by any monsters." Her words came out in rapid succession, one of her feet lightly stomping the ground to replace her urge to wring her hands together.

One of Chiron's hands went up to stroke his beard in thought. "And did you or any of the campers allow him to pass through the border?"

Lux's shoulders fell then, clearly aware of the magic that protects this place. "No."

"Then by all means, your brother is a demigod. As for him showing no signs of ADHD or dyslexia, well, I do suppose there are always exceptions. I believe you would remember Will Solace being quite proud of his achievements in his school's spelling competition, yes?"

Of course Lux remembered. It made her think of those times she spent in the infirmary with a poetry book in front of her, when Will would come over and keep her company if there was the slightest chance that he didn't have to help Michael in attending to another wounded camper, helping her read out any word she couldn't quite decipher.

"But never been attacked by monsters..." the centaur muttered under his breath, leaving his thought unfinished to address Ciaran with a kindly smile. "I've heard much about you, Ciaran."

"I have about you as well, sir."

"All good things, I hope. And you can call me Chiron. There is no need for honorifics."

"Yes si–Chiron."

"I understand that this must be very foreign and even frightening to you. How much has your sister told you?"

"Most of it, I suppose."

Chiron nodded. "Then I do believe an orientation film is not needed. But I do have a very important question for you, Ciaran. Do you wish to stay at Camp Half-Blood? I would not be surprised if you're hesitant in answering, but all I want to advise you on is this place is the safest place for a demigod such as yourself."

Ciaran glanced at Lux, whose only response was to draw a small heart on the back of his hand, their personal reminder that whatever happens, they are there for each other.

Ciaran was silent, instead his eyes decided to travel farther from the vicinity of the house they were standing in to look at the world before him that now hummed with magic when he chose to listen. A world that he once thought he would only be able to see through his sister's stories. A world that once felt crafted with enchanting words was now tangible and real. A world that he might have been envious of because he wasn't there to experience it with her.