Chapter Nine- Sansa IV

Disclaimer I do not own Game of Thrones. George R. R. Martin. 

Note: I am sorry for the long wait!!! I simply had no idea where to go with this. Viserys might be a little OC.

The next few hours were one of great joy for Sansa.

Never could she remember the last time that she had smiled and laughed in the same day.

Viserys was something- he was handsome and kind, to her, yet she could see his other side in the way he guarded himself.

His sister seemed fragile, but at the same time strong.

She had heard stories about the Targaryens- how there nothing but mad.

It had came to a surprise to her when she had first heard about her marriage to Viserys.

Usually- Targaryens wedded there own sibling. To keep their line pure.

So she often wondered why her?

Sansa and Viserys had finished their afternoon lunch- and were now walking through the gardens. How she wished that her family was here- she wished for her father to still have live.

She felt a hand lift her cheek.

For she hadn't noticed that her legs went still.

Sansa's grey eyes glanced up to Viserys.

"What's wrong, my dear. " He calmly asked. 

"Nothing--" Sansa starts, but thinks better. Lying never got her no where,"I was thinking of my family. Specifically, my father wishing he was still alive. "

By nature Viserys wasn't a caring man.

He had no room to be sentimental, and often wondered if he had any sentimental feelings at all.

What changed then?

His eyes glanced at the Auburn- haired Stark.

So much has happened to her and yet she still  hangs  on to her strong composure.

He knew what she was doing- he had to do it too. He had to be strong in-front of others- he had to be strong for his sister back then. When he had nothing to call his own.

Sansa didn't have to pretend in-front of him. It took him off guard, his feelings, especially.

It had been a while since he had last felt like this; it scared him to death, if death was a problem.

"Sansa- never feel ashamed of what you feel. And you should never feel ashamed in-front of me. Family is important, but what is most important to me is you. You are to be my wife- you will be my side for the rest of your life. If I can't recognize when your hurting inside how can I expect you to trust me and in time love me?"

This was unexpected.

But to Sansa it was a good unexpected.

Whatever doubts she had of her dear Lord Husband were now vanished.

Sansa really could see herself with him. Well better him then a false king.

She wanted to hug him and thought better of it.

But she was still a kid and even sometimes kids need the touch of comfort.

So, she surprised Viserys wrapping her arms around his long neck but Viserys didn't feel displeased.

Matter of fact, he was the opposite returning the simple comfort of his arms returning the gesture.

He could used to this.