~✿~

Her fingers ruffled through his hair and he smiled softly at her. You were heartbroken, he was her's, she was his. He'll never be yours and you had to live with that.

God why couldn't he see that she didn't love him, she just used him because of his fame.

You wiped your tears away and sniffed before standing up and walking to the kitchen where the mother of the love of your life was.

"Hello Glady" you smiled.

"Y/n darling hi, what happened? You looked like you were crying" Glady placed her pot down and rushed to you, she cupped your face and brushed her thumbs under your eyes.

"Oh uh no, I'm okay" you sniffed and slowly pushed away Gladys'  hands.

You walked towards the sink and placed your hands on it for balance. You took a shaky breath in and let it out. Gladys walked up behind you and placed her arms around your waist.

"Is this about Elvis and Carli,  dear?"

As soon as Gladys said that you turned around and broke down in her arms.

"Oh honey, ssh. Listen, you knew I never really liked Carli. I always wanted you to be my daughter in law, more like a daughter. Why don't you just tell Elvis how you feel?" Gladys spoke, stroking your hair.

"I-I can't, I can't ruin the friendship I have with him. We've been friends since we were born. I can't do it, Glady" you cried into her chest.

"Ssh sweetie, it's okay, it's okay" Gladys whispered. "Why don't you go take a breather outside?"

You sniffed and nodded. "Okay" you whispered and let go of Gladys, walking to the front door.

You sat on the wall and dangled your legs over. More tears ran down your face.

"Why" you cried. "Why can't you be mine?"

"Because I thought you didn't want me to" a voice said from the back. You turned around your whole body and saw Elvis leaning against the wall. He pushed himself up and walked towards you.

"Elvis..." You whispered and wiped your tears. "What're you doing here?" You asked.

"I heard you talking with my momma. Y/n, why didn't you tell me that you had feelings for me?" Elvis stood in front of you now.

"Because E, you're with Carli and you're my best friend. I-I can't ruin that"

"Hey hey hey no no" Elvis now took another step and was now in between your legs. He wiped away your tears and cupped your cheeks. "You can never ruin anything Y/n/n, never" Elvis looked down at your thighs then placed his hands on them, making you tense up.

"What're you doing?! E what if Carli comes here?" You whispered loudly and pushed Elvis's hands off your thighs.

Elvis then pulled you close by your waist, your hands were now on his chest.

"Listen to me! I got together with Carli because I thought she'd take my mind off you. I love you Y/n, God I love you so much. I always have! Since we were 17!" Elvis spoke.

You were shocked but you couldn't say anything. The love of your life, Mr Elvis Presley was just admitting his feelings for you.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for not telling you earlier. I thought you wouldn't feel the same way" you noticed he started tearing up.

You cut Elvis off by placing your index finger. "Ssh" you whispered. You wiped away the tears and kissed him softly.

Elvis of course kissed back. When you pulled away your foreheads touched.

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend? And maybe go out with me?" Elvis whispered.

"Mm, I dunno. What about Carli?" You teased.

"Screw Carli, darn hag was using me anyway" Elvis chuckled.

You laughed and smiled softly before kissing Elvis again.

"My guess that's a yes?" Elvis mumbled against your lips.

"Mhm" you smiled in his lips.

You pulled away again and Elvis cupped your cheeks, kissing your forehead, your nose and both of your cheeks. You giggled and hugged him.

"I love you E" you smiled.

"And I love you more sweet girl" Elvis replied.

"Wait til your momma hears about this" you spoke.

"She'll be ecstatic, baby" Elvis laughed and pulled you into another hug.