Judith and Jane and Rist

The vision switches from suicide to rotting away

The vision switches from suicide to rotting away. Judith finds herself tied and nailed to a tree. Blue tarp covers her beyond numb body. Paralyzed. Lung-less. Ropes hold her torso. Wrists. Ankles. Loosely grip her peeling woody flesh. She's a desiccate, putrid fossil. Husk landmark. Remembers the feeling of having no use for lungs. Not completely terrified of her predicament. Still unsettling.

With no eyes, witnesses the mire girl in the distance of the dark, desolate street before her root tomb resting place. Jane's witnessing directly at her lifelessness. She's partitioned on either side by decimate city structures which have witnessed their poststructural inevitability. Everything has been torn down by an inner intuition's gaze of gravity. Human built worlds destroyed by a human built world abusing and molding modes of truth to create its own image. History was just another tool of the ideological state apparatus. Now, history is a shrugging, fading ghost.

This city has a name and Judith's afraid to think about it. She's aware that this dreaded place is not the same conurbation as the underwater cavern, where everything moves in a slow, undead motion; except for the badass, double blade demon axe like a weapon of eschatology. Both places have a murky eeriness of dead molecules saturating every inch of topography.

The graveyard girl's aware that in this moment, whenever it is. Also exists in a different moment. The underwater cemetery. Or is that the truth of it? Could it be that both are phantasms in her own mind? Is it possible that she's hallucinating through her own dreamscape imagination? Is her imagination hallucinating her? Maybe not. The visions seem far too reality based for Judith to consider them a 'make believe' attraction feeding coal to the fire of her occurring thoughts. Maybe the tasty treats are a gateway into the bending of horizons. Is her vision quest situation made of both these horrifically sad places? Are they neither? Is Judith falling too far down a revenant rabbit hole? Has she picked a burrow with only one entrance, dug six feet down just for her way of things, with no hope of an exit. No escape from who she thinks is herself? Judith can only shrug into her thoughts while under the revenant spell of the yummy, tasty treats.

Thinks about unknown people. Like the shell she's seemingly inhabiting. The corpse used to be one. Thinks about how many people existed here for nothing. How many people died here for nothing? Judith's answer is the same for both cities.

"All of them."

Judith focuses back to Jane. Knows by staring into this moment that Jane is a curious creature. Skinny blonde waif stands in the street like an undead, stiff thing. But Judith's convinced Jane's pondering. Thinking a conversation within herself. The graveyard girl recognizes something of herself in this girl who wears a black poncho like a grim reaper. Surmises Jane's trying to recollect a recollection to form a decision. Judith's correct in her assumption as her vision switches. Witnesses through the mind of Jane watching the dead body that Judith was latched within only a second ago.

The graveyard girl's overwhelmed in the mind of the mire girl. This vision, watching from Jane's perspective, holds so much uncertainty. A sadness beyond her own certainty. This woman has no memory of herself. Completely lost. But hope exists within Jane's ominous fog of anxiety. Her senses are extremely heightened. Judith's never heard and felt and smelt in such volume and quality. But something else is within Jane. Screams like voids at the end of an echo. Like Jane's body is a separate, thinking entity. Disconnected from her mind or spirit or soul. Hears something in the depths of Jane. A raspy vocal intrusion into Judith's mind.