002. return of the candy apples

season 2; episode 2
return of the candy apples

"I PROMISE WE WILL HAVE THE MOST AMAZING TIME WHEN I GET BACK."

Venus sighed as she listened to her father's voice through the phone. He had got called into work during the middle of the night to solve a new case and Venus hadn't gotten a chance to say bye or good morning, or even get a hug from him. Both her and Christina were missing him. "Do you promise?"

"I promise." Nathaniel smiled without hesitation, which put his daughters at ease.

"Okay, we have dance now so we have to go." Christina said and waved at him in the camera.

"Alright, have fun girls. Tell your mom I love her."

"Love you, honey!" Jennifer semi-yelled for him to hear as she pulled into her parking spot.

"Love you, bye." With that, he hung up the phone.

Christina placed the phone back in her mother's hand and everyone got out of the car, walking into the ALDC for another day of dance rehearsal. They waved Gianna morning at the front desk before making their way into the den. It felt good to be able to walk in without a crowd, knowing that they were here to stay.

"Hello, everyone." Jennifer greeted and sat down on the bench next to Kelly.

"Hello." "Hi." "Good Afternoon." The moms greeted back.

"Vee!" Mackenzie roped Venus into a hug before dragging her to corner of the room, where she deemed "her spot."

"Hey, Christina." Kendall smiled along with the rest of the girls.

"Hello." She plopped down onto the bench next to Chloe and placed her dance bag onto the space next to her. "Before I forget, I brought the stroopwafels." She pulled the treat out of her bag and passed some around for the girls to share.

Maddie moaned at the taste. "Mmm, this is actually good."

Nia nodded as she licked the caramel off her fingers. "Can I have another?"

"Me too."

"You guys can just take the rest." Christina passed the girls the ziploc bag and they dug in. It brought a smile to her face, seeing her friends enjoy food from her culture.

"How did you feel about your first competition with us?" Brooke asked.

"It was pretty good actually. It got kinda crazy at the end but I could handle that."

"Oh you haven't seen crazy." Paige shook her head.

"Yeah that was pretty tame." Nia added on.

"Let's go! Come on, girls! Let's go!"

At the sound of Abby's voice, the girls raced into the room, their mothers trailing slowly behind. After the girls settled down, Abby began pyramid.

"I want to start off by talking a little bit about Dance Troupe in Greensboro, North Carolina. That was not the group from Lake Tahoe that just won a national championship. Obviously, cute still works in the Carolinas. Kendall, you did your solo scared to death. That was face was not an Abby Lee Miller face, that's for certain."

"Well, Abby, that was her first time out." Jill cut in defensively.

Abby placed her finger to her mouth. "Uh, shh. We don't get to talk. It's my turn. This weekend, we are headed to Columbus, Ohio. You know who lives in Ohio."