59. Khushi & aunt Flow!

Start from the beginning

"Arnavji wait, pehle Pari ko yaha se le jaiye, usse infection ho jayega (first, take pari away from here, she will catch the virus too)" Khushi's voice stopped him and he nodded slightly as he picked his daughter who very reluctantly agreed to go away from Khushi.

.

.

"I want mamma" aru said half pouting, half on the verge of crying and arnav didn't know how to pacify his princess

"Princess, mamma is not well na? we can't go near her." Arnav tried to convince her once more. Chiku had gotten up too and after Arnav told him that Khushi was not well, he had reacted similarly. But soon had understood that he was to stay away from Khushi so she could recover faster. Unfortunately, Arohi and pari were not that older yet to understand.

"but I want to see mamma" aru continued to ask to see Khushi's face.

Arnav sighed as he carried her in his arms and stood at the threshold of their bedroom's door. As soon as Arohi spotted her mother, she started wriggle in arnav's arms, trying to go to khushi. feeling utterly helpless Khushi called out to her from her bed,

"Aru, aap hamari good girl ho na (you are my good girl right)? Toh ab hamari baat suno (then listen to me). Aaj mamma, papa aur aap ek game khelenge (today mamma, dada and you will play a game) ok? We have to stay away from each other today and we can't lose. Ok?"

"I don't like this game" Aru declared moving her face away angrily. By then Chiku too joined Arnav and Aru at their bedroom door. He had a look that said he would break out crying any minute but was doing a great job of putting a brave face.

"Mamma, when will you get well? And why did you fall sick? Papa is right, you eat too much outside food. dekha, beemar ho gaye na aap (see you fell sick)? I don't like this stupid fever!" Chiku ranted in childish tone, stomping his foot.

Khushi smiled a little as well as teared up.

"I know chiku and mamma is so sorry but please beta aap and Aru, aaj ke liye dur raho (stay away from me for today)? Hamare liye (for me)?" Khushi's voice cracked as she requested them to stay away from her.

Thankfully they nodded and then Payal took them downstairs for breakfast and getting ready for their school.

The whole day Khushi had stomach cramps and weakness due to fever. Although it was a very mild fever and a doctor was called home who confirmed it was nothing serious but a mild flu, Arnav still sat by her bedside.

Meanwhile, Aunt flow aka periods were still going strong!!!

--*--

Emotional mess:

Soon her fever started reducing and just as Arnav had heaved a sigh of relief, another monster woke up! Her emotional state! Almost every woman feels especially emotional during those days, they need no logical reason to start crying or to get irritated and Khushi was no exception

"I am so bad na Arnavji, hamari wajah se sabko kitni pareshani ho rahi hai (you all are suffering so much because of me). Jiji ko akele sab kam karna pada, aap ka bhi kam ruk gaya aur bacche bhi naraz hai (Jiji had to do all chores alone, you can't work properly and kids are sad too)." she said looking over at Arnav who was typing something in his laptop.

After spending almost whole day pampering her, staying with her, his work had really taken a back seat and now he was working on replying some urgent emails. Too bad for him, because that was the exact moment when her brain decided to let her tear glands loose!

Arnav absentmindedly said "hmm" in reply. In fact, he hadn't even heard one word of it or let alone process it. But it was enough for Khushi to misunderstand that he agreed she was being a pain to them all!

Soon, he heard her soft sobbing, and hiccups and his head snapped up in shock, "Khushi. what happened? is it paining somewhere? should I bring you hot water bag? why are you crying? kya hua dammit?" he asked irritated when she didn't answer and started crying more

"Kuch nahi, aap jaiye yaha se, humein akele rehna hai (nothing, you go from here and leave me alone)" she said turning away and Arnav realized his mistake! He had to be patient with her, in fact in last 11 years of their married life this was one thing he had grown up to understand, that he had to be patient with his wife, be with her and not leave her alone!

So, he kept his laptop away and moved near her. slowly caressing her head, he spoke in a voice he usually used for speaking with Kavish or twins, "Khushi, sweetheart, don't cry. I was just worried for you, nothing else. you know that right?"

she didn't say anything for next few minutes and let him continue the head-massage. And then she slowly turned to face him with her tear-stricken face. Arnav's heart broke seeing her state, and he too lied down beside her to take her in his arms. She immediately moved closer,

"Arnavji, I don't know why but I feel like crying right now. achanak rona aa raha hai." she said, looking up at him, and the innocent way in which she said made him smile.

he wiped her tears, "it's ok jaan, hota hai (happens). but I am here, right? and so is everyone. and you are allowed to have few days of rest. In fact, I am going to make it compulsory for you to take bed rest during this time every month." he gave his decision

Khushi chuckled hearing that, "and who will handle you and your kids if I am bedridden for 4 days every month?"

"First of all, not bedridden, don't ever say that for yourself! I meant bed rest, like lying around in bed, in our cozy comforter like this. and then, there are a lot of things we can do being like this." he said softly and she raised her eyebrows at him. he immediately understood her look and rushed to clarify,

"not 'that' dirty mind! I mean things like cuddling, talking etc. you know?" he clarified making her chuckle

"Laad governor and talking? I will like that" she said with a grin

Once again for many minutes, no one spoke, and they continued holding each other like that,

"Promise me something khushi" Arnav said after some time.

"Aap humse kitne promises lete hai (how many promises you take from me)?"

"Promise karo khushi" he repeated in a no-nonsense tone

"Kahiye (tell me)."

"You'll never fall sick. I can't explain how I felt when you had fever this morning, and the way your face looked so tired. Don't do that to me." he said kissing her forehead. Khushi smiled and nodded. After all, she too felt similar when he was ever unwell! Their whole world came to a standstill without the other...

"Ok. But what about this monthly pain? don't you have any word for that?" she asked teasingly.

"Well, we can try for a sibling for kavish and our girls. then you will have a break from this for a year at least." he said pulling her leg but her response shocked him,

"I like it, let's try this month itself!" she said which made his eyes widen in shock,

"KHUSHI! I was kidding! we are not having another baby and you in that labor pain! And as far as these monthly cycles are concerned, I will pamper you so much that you will forget any pain!"

"Humein pata hai (I know). I love you Arnavji. aap bohot acche hain (you are very sweet)." she said hugging him more tight and the waterworks began again!

Well, what can you say, when aunt flow comes, she brings a package of emotional display!

--*--

A/N - Yes, I am back after my month-long break and hopefully most of you are around too! do let me know if you liked this one, it was long pending in my chapters' list but i was waiting for right time to post it. "that time of the month" needed special attention and I wanted to add Khushi falling sick too...as they say, mothers are never allowed to be sick so wanted to capture that in addition to this. Besides, some women do fall sick during this time (I often have cold in those days :(

pls don't forget to vote/comment, let me see how much you missed CSD in its long hiatus :D