Marmalade's True Colors

Start from the beginning

Finally, one thought came into his mind that seemed to be the missing piece of the puzzle: that at the awards show, while he was distracted with hiding his wagging tail, the "old" lady was actually Marmalade in disguise, one who had a sly smirk as he walked away after his "meeting" with Wolf that fateful night.

Once everything made sense again, Wolf, in shock, commented to Professor Marmalade, "You. It was all you."

Tarantula asked confusingly, "What are you talking about, Wolf?"

Wolf explained to the team, "The old lady, the Golden Dolphin, good training... it was all to get us here, so he could steal the meteorite and let us take the fall."

"Wait, since when did that happen? I don't remember you meeting an old lady," Hornet couldn't remember that during the heist at the awards show

Snake, confused as he was surprised to hear this, asked, "Whoa. Whoa, what old lady? And-and why would a guinea pig want a meteorite anyway?"

Suddenly, all 6 Bad Guys heard the guinea pig, who had his back towards the Bad Guys and was facing the doors, was chuckling rather.... oddly. Almost.... sinister like?

Shark, feeling a little weirded out by this, commented, "Uh, guys, he's creeping me out."

Piranha, wanting to see this, kicked his legs to try and turn around so he could see as he commented, "Wait, what? What's going on? Someone turn me around!"

Hornet stared at the helpless Piranha as he wanted to fly to help him turn around, but he couldn't, being trapped in a jar and all, "I wanna help you, Piranha, but I'm trapped in a jar."

Marmalade's fluffy hair was now a frizzy mess, and he was digging his claws into the metal doors, scratching it like nails on a chalkboard as he said, "Well, well. So, you finally get it," and turned his head, giving the Bad Guys a sinister/scary facial expression.

All 6 Bad Guys were shocked, commenting together, "Wait, what?!"

Shark then asked Marmalade, "You stole the meteorite?!"

Marmalade grinned evilly while answering, "Oh, it's not just a meteorite."

Piranha quickly chimed in, "I told you guys it's a butt!"

Hornet snorted laughingly, "Ha! Good one!"

Marmalade then shouted, "It's not a butt," he then took a deep breath and continuing with, while flashbacking to when the meteorite was first discovered, "It's the ultimate power source. You see, when it struck, scientists found that it emitted an electromagnetic frequency unlike anything else on Earth. I'm going to harness its power to pull off the greatest heist the world has ever seen!"

The Bad Guys couldn't believe what they were hearing, but what was more shocking to them was how somehow, they were pulled into all of this and about to take the blame for something that Marmalade did.

Tarantula bluntly addressed to Snake, "You should've eaten him when you had the chance."

Snake groaned and answered back with, "Yep."

"Dude... you're crazy," Hornet mumbled at Marmalade.

Wolf still couldn't understand why Marmalade still picked them as he asked, "But why us?"

Marmalade answered, "Because you're the perfect patsies. Come on, when people look up 'bad' in the dictionary, do they see a sweet, adorable guinea pig? No; they see you, and they always will."

Snake then piped in, "Okay, fine. But you set us up."

Marmalade chuckled innocently, "Oh, pish-pish. Let's be honest... evolution set you up. But Wolfie here really clinched it. You fell for every one of my traps, starting with saving a helpless little old lady."

The rest of the team looked at Wolf in confusion/surprise, as Wolf realized... he never told the team about what really happened that night....and now, he had just been outed by the evil guinea pig.

Snake, wanting some answers/feeling very concerned, asked, "Wolf, what's he talking about?"

Marmalade, seeing how helpless Wolf looked after "exposing" his "good deed", commented mockingly, "Whoops. Did I say too much? Anyhoo, looks like, yet again, the Big Bad Wolf got outsmarted by a little piggy."

Wolf, caught up in so much emotion, felt a blind rage build up in him, as he bared his teeth, and shouted angrily while trying to lunge at Marmalade, "You little pouchy-cheeked rat! I'll kill you! You hear me? You're dead! You're de..."

However, Marmalade decided to "nail the coffin shut" and kicked the door open, portraying his innocent self again and feigned fear, shouting to make it look HE was the victim, "Help! Help! Help! The Big Bad Wolf is attacking me!"

Everyone in the gala audience, especially Diane and Mira, was shocked to witness this, as Wolf realized what Marmalade just did, and was too frightened/ashamed to fight back, especially when the chief came marching forward, shouting, "Oh, now you are done forever, Wolf," she slammed the van doors shut after Marmalade hopped out.

Wolf watched helplessly through the small barred window, looking at the crowd solemnly, as he and his team were hauled off to prison, with police cars following the van as the siren flashed and the horns blasted to let traffic know they were moving out.

Marmalade was doing a very good job feigning his fear while Tiffany Fluffit knelt down and asked him, "Professor, Professor, any thoughts on how the Bad Guys managed to steal the meteorite in plain sight?"

Marmalade "regained" his composure and started to answer, "Well, off the top of my head, perhaps they accessed the site previously and set up an intricate system of tunnels and trapdoors that could be remotely triggered to suck the meteorite down into a holding area, but how should I know?

Tiffany was soaking everything in, as she replied, "Totally."

Marmalade added, "I mean, they're the deranged masterminds, not me."

However, there was one person who didn't seem to be buying this whole thing: Diane. She felt very suspicious that there was something deeper going on, and that Marmalade was hiding more than he appeared to be.

She walked over to the side, away from the people, and looked at what Wolf had given her: a map, and on that map, there was a set of directions drawn out to somewhere. Wondering where it led to, she decided to go to this location he pointed out to see what was there.

Another person who didn't buy the whole scene was Mira, who wasn't focused on the "good" guinea pig. Her thoughts were only focused on the Bad Guys, especially Hornet. Mr. Hornet is the first Bad Guy Mira ever encountered so close, and she noticed that he wasn't so bad. She couldn't believe that the Bad Guys were evil. If they were, why hadn't Mr. Hornet attacked her when they first met? Then, she noticed Diane walking away from the party while looking at the paper she was holding. Now Mira was suspicious.

Later, in her car, Diane was driving out to the spot and saw a large vent tunnel that got her attention. She drove into the tunnel, took the one on the right, and ended up parking her car outside an elevator.

She rode the elevator down and soon made it to the bottom floor, revealing that she was right now currently in the Bad Guys' lair! Their special hidden hideout that no one's been able to find for years! And every single thing inside, including all the valuables that were ever stolen... they were there.

Wolf's words rang inside her head "I'm giving it all back." She realized... Wolf wanted to give everything back. He truly had gone good, or at least, she guessed so.

While taking in her surroundings, Diane figured...Wolf did her a huge favor by giving her the location of their hideout and wanting to give back every valuable they ever stole, and now...it was time to return the favor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to MasterClass60 for helping me make this chapter.

I have no other notes to say, except... please vote and comment for feedback.