𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙝 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

The sixth time he confessed was probably the best day of Nishinoya's life — on their first 'date' almost a year later.

Early that afternoon, Nishinoya stood with his hands shoved stiffly into his pockets, swaying gently with the movements of the bus. It wasn't his idea to come out today, but when Chiyo came knocking on his door, dressed in perhaps the cutest outfit he's ever seen, how could he say no?

If it were up to him he would've spent the entire weekend practicing volleyball receives, be it with a wall or a local team. He had no plans to do anything else after their most recent loss against Aoba Johsai in the Interhighs. But there he was, on his way to the shopping district. For what purpose though, he wasn't quite sure.

He glanced at Chiyo, who looked down at her phone, presumably to check the time. Her long hair was tied into a neat ponytail, which has since been dyed red, a result of her off-handedly mentioning how she wanted to try coloring her hair one day. Hotaru and Kaito took it seriously and after a lot of pestering, Chiyo finally agreed to let them use the drugstore box dye on her. Of course, Nishinoya was all for it. He was the one who helped them buy it after all. As he expected, the deepred suited her well, but to his surprise, she actually decided to keep and maintain it.

His eyes then trailed down to the flowy sundress and white tote she carried. Over the few years he's gotten to know her, Nishinoya learned that she preferred to dress simple. Especially on days when she had a mountain load of housework. It wasn't often he got to see Chiyo in anything aside from their usual school uniforms or a plain t-shirt and shorts.