𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

The fourth time he confessed was about three months later — on a hot summer day during their break.

After the incident with Hotaru, Nishinoya became a regular visitor at the Amari residence. However, it wasn't exactly Chiyo's choice. Every morning when she dropped Hotaru and Kaito off at school, they'd pester her about bringing "that super cool big bro" over to come to play. And as someone with a soft spot for her younger siblings, she couldn't help but oblige.

Nishinoya was always more than happy to come over. Sometimes he'd be too busy with practice. But there were times when he'd drop at eight o'clock in the evening to join the Amari siblings for dinner. If it was Chiyo's home cooking, he wouldn't miss it for the world.

There were a few things Chiyo learned about Nishinoya since he started going over to their place. Firstly, he lived alone with his grandpa, who ran a local bike shop. Apparently, he has three older sisters, but they were all much older than him and going about their business elsewhere in Japan. Secondly, they liked the same manga and regularly bought the newest edition of Shonen Jump magazines. Thirdly, he loved over-the-top action movies. He gets so excited that he often starts yelling in the middle of it. Fourthly, he took his role as a libero very seriously. Chiyo realized that fact after poking her head into a few of his volleyball matches lately.

Last but not least, he was a terrible student.

As a class rep, Chiyo already vaguely knew about that fact. It was hard to miss all the 40s and 50s marked in red in the top corner of his tests every time she was tasked with handing them back. But she didn't realize exactly how bad it was until she started helping him with his schoolwork during his occasional visits.