Chapter Six: The Dive

Y/n's POV

I leaned into Steve's side as the car drove down the almost deserted street. Steve and I were tucked away in the back seats with Dustin, munching on some Pringles that were supposed to be for Eddie. We were doing a food run for him this morning since we couldn't yesterday due to investigating the Creel House. Steve's left arm was wrapped around my waist, providing me comfort. His other arm was being used to feed both himself and I chips.

"Man, original Pringles are so good," I comment.

"I'm more of a barbecue man myself," Dustin admitted. "But the original ones never disappoint."

"We should have these for our next movie night," Steve told me.

I nodded. "We totally should. Ooh, and maybe some Skittles too. I feel like I haven't had those in a while."

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck. I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't," Robin insisted.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve put forth and held up the six pack we had bought for Eddie, upon his request.

"Why don't we give it a trial? 'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know
you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed'," Robin rambled off.

"Maybe we don't put it like that," Lucas suggested.

"'We're one step closer to finding Vecna'. That's what we say," Nancy decided. "That's what's important, right?"

"See, Robin? A positive spin can make all the difference," Steve said. At that moment, I noticed that a bunch of people were gathered up ahead, partially obstructing the street. A news van was also there, and crime scene tape was set up, blocking the house where Eddie was staying. What had happened here? Nancy parked the car, and all of us climbed out to hear the news broadcast.

"As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake," Chief Powell announced. "Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. His limbs...his body, it was disfigured. There was an eyewitness on the scene. We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward. You've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can at two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do, and I appreciate your understanding."

"Dustin, can you hear me? Anyone?" Eddie voiced over Dustin's radio.

"Eddie. Holy shit," Dustin cursed. "Are you okay?"

"Nah, man. I'm pretty goddamn far from okay," Eddie responded.

"Where are you?" Dustin asked.

"Skull Rock," Eddie replied. "Do you know it?"

"It's near Cornwallis and Garrett. I know where that is," Steve declared and took off towards the car.

"Hold tight," Dustin instructed. "We're coming."

..............................................

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way," Steve spoke.