Chapter Three: The Monster and the Superhero

Y/n's POV

"Steve!" I mutter sleepily into his chest as the alarm blared from my bedside table. "Could you shut that off, please?"

"Mmhmm," Steve hummed and reached out, his hand slamming onto the top of my alarm clock. "I don't want to get out of bed."

"Me either," I concur and sit up. "But we have to. We have to pick up Dustin, Robin, and Max and then go get some food for Eddie like we promised we would."

"Nooooo!" Steve whined.

"Yesss!" I mock and roll over so that I was straddling him. "Come on. We have to get up."

"I'll get up on one condition," Steve spoke. Before I could even ask what the condition was, Steve sat up and kissed me passionately. His hands found a place to rest against my hips, his fingers kneading into my sides. Steve had perfected the art of using his body against me to get what he wanted. He knew I loved the way his hands felt against my skin, and it was hard to not kiss Steve back. I ached for his touch, but at the moment, we had a job to do.

"Steve!" I giggle and push him away causing his back to hit my mattress. "We can't do that here. My mom and sister are literally across the hall. They'll hear us."

"I guess we'll have to be quiet then," Steve smirked and sat back up. This time, Steve's lips went right for my neck, and when we got to my sweet spot, I let out a breathy gasp.

"Steve," I exhale, my breath hitching slightly. "Seriously. We should get dressed. We can do this later."

"Promise?" Steve asked.

"Promise," I pledge and climb off of his. "Now come on. We've got things to do."

.......................................

"So we have some good news and some bad news," Dustin told Eddie, who was munching on a box of Honey Comb. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie answered.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy," Dustin announced.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max furthered.

"The good news is your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin stated. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin declared

"Oh, that's it?" Eddie questioned sarcastically.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before," Robin shared. "I mean, they have a few times, and I have once but-"

"Three times," I correct her. "We've been through this three times. First it was the demogorgon, then the demodogs and the Mind Flayer, and then the Mind Flayer came back alongside the Russians. And each time I've almost died, which is not fun, might I add. Honestly, it'd be nice to get a break. A real one. Not just one that lasts a few months."

"The bottom line is," Robin continued. "Collectively, I really feel we got this."

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers," Steve put forth. "But, uh, those went bye-bye, so we're technically in more of the brainstorming phase."

After leaving Eddie, we went to find Nancy, who was at the trailer park where both Eddie and Max lived, and where Chrissy was killed. It was then that we found out Fred Benson, another kid from our grade, was killed last night, and in this very place once again. We explained to her what our theories were so far, but Nancy looked more confused than anything.