Chapter 18

Hardin's POV

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I am late, so fucking late. It has been more than an hour, I was suppose to be back to her about thirty minutes ago, she is going to fucking kill me. She is fucking leaving today, she practically begged me to spend time with her this morning and there I was fucking lying to her. I didn't even answer her calls, I just couldn't, I knew that if I did, I would end up messing it all up, dropping a message was the best I could do. Though I should have given her a better reason before leaving, "Ken gave me some work" it was stupid, really! I don't think she even bought that shit. In this week I didn't leave her  side even for a damn minute, every chance I got I have spent it with her, she couldn't blame me, after the lonely and torturous two years I have had without her, I fucking deserved it.

I need to get my ass back at the damn house as soon as possible, she has called me a million times till now and it has taken everything in me to avoid her calls. This old rented car isn't helping though! Just ten more minutes and I will be with her. I just hope she doesn't get mad at me, and even if she does, I have the perfect thing to drift off her anger, well atleast I hope it will.

Minutes pass and I find myself pulling my car into the drive way of Ken's house, I quickly turn the car off and shove the red box into my pocket. I reach for the main door, thankfully the door isn't locked. When I walk inside there is no one in the hall, hopefully she isn't downstairs! I don't want to take in her anger with an audience to watch us. I move to the hallway and I see Karen placing plates in the dinning room. Tessa is probably here helping her, i hope she isn't though. I walk near the dinning table.

"Hey Karen, is Tessa there?" I ask. She stops her movement and takes a brief look at me before saying "No, she isn't here. She is upstairs." thank fucking god

"Where were you?" she asks

"Um- I was just out- I had to do something" I manage to say, and she just nods in return. She is quick to ignore my presence as she moves back to doing her chores. Weird much!

"Okay, then. I will be upstairs too!" I announce and begin to walk towards the stairs.

"Hardin, before you go-"

"Yeah?"

"Since Tessa is leaving today, Ken decided to come home early." 

No fucking way.

"She knows you lied to her" I stop in my track and not able to realise what to say next. Fuck. This wasn't suppose to go this way.

"It's not like that Karen, I was out-"

"Don't waste your time explaining me anything, she is waiting for you" hell, she is! I just nod at her and without another word I run upstairs. I stand outside my bedroom door, gathering the courage to face her. My hands move to grip on the door handle, but before I can get a chance to turn it, the door opens.

My eyes meet hers, what I see next scares me, she is wearing the yellow dress that she was going to wear while leaving for the airport. But, that is not what has me panicking, it's the hand bag that drips down her shoulder and a suitcase that follows behind her.

She was fucking leaving..

"Where you going?" I ask hoping to not hear the obvious. I panic when she doesn't answer my question and grabs the handle of the suitcase and begin to pull it with her.

Before she could move, I grab her free hand and pull her towards me "Hey, hey. What's going on? Your flight isn't for another four hours. Where you going?"

She is quick to yank her hand away from mine"What's with you? Don't you have any other "work" to do?" sarcasm is clear behind her furious voice

"Tess, it's not like that okay? Let's just go inside and talk."