Chapter 4

Hardin's POV

My jaw clenches and a sting of jealousy rushes through me the moment I see Robert's name. Just when I was about to make love to her of course of all the people he had to call. Why did I even go to pick her phone? I should have just kissed her and continued what I started. If she talks to him now, he would probably talk her into leaving me. I should just decline the call and tell her it was a scam call.
No. No. No. What the fuck is wrong with me, I can't do that. I can't go back to being my old self. Honesty was the one thing that was a hurdle in our relationship, a hurdle that i created for us. If I had been honest with her from the very start none of the shit would have ever happened.

"It's Robert" i simply state and tessa tenses.

"Oh" she sits up and moves where i am standing "I thought it was my mother. I will just call him later. Come back to bed." she says nervously and opens her arm for me.

Before i could speak the call ends and a notification pops on the screen. To my utter fucking annoyance the notification reads 13 missed calls from Robert. Fucking great.

I keep the phone back on the night stand and go to my girl. She is fidgeting with her fingers, a nervous habit.

"He must have called to check on me....you know I sort of disappeared on him too" she gives a faint smile, her hands still doing the same nervous gesture.

What is she even nervous about? YOUR REACTION my subconscious reminds me. If this would have happened 2 years ago, I would have cursed Robert through the phone and threatened him to stay the fuck away from Tessa or worst crashed her phone against the wall. But I ain't that same person anymore, I have changed and I need to show her that.

I take her hands in mine and kiss the back of her palm " I think you should call him back" i say surprising both her and myself.

Tessa's eyes go wide "What?" she is obviously shocked "What did you just say? "

"You heard me Tess. You should call him back" i smile at her

"Why... I mean i can call him later. I don't have to..." she struggles with her words

"Like you said, you disappeared on him too, he needs to know that you are okay and about... about us too" he needs to know that you belong with me and that he needs to fuck off, I want to add but i decide against it

"Yeah i know, but... are you... are you okay with me calling him now?

No, ofcourse I am not okay with her calling him. But what's the worst thing that could happen if they talk? He could convince her to leave you, a small insecure part of me says but i shut it off. I need to trust her for once. She is here with me, she had the choice of being with him but instead she chose me. She always fucking chooses me and I need to do right by her.

"Yes. You will have to call him eventually, so you might as well call him now and get it over with, because believe me Tessa I am gonna need you to myself after that. No calls, no more waiters, no more leaving each other shit. Only you and me. " i inch closer to her and say it while tracing her jaw with my lips.

Goosebumps rise on her skin and her pulse quickens. I love how her body reacts to my touch.

"Hardin..Are you sure?"

"Yes baby. I anyways wanted to take a shower. So i am just gonna go take one, and by that time you can talk to your doctor boyfriend" i joke and she laughs, but the words have the opposite effect on me. No matter how much i change, how much I try to become the best fucking version of myself the idea of Tessa being with some other guy will never be appealing to me.

She nods and a moment of silence passes between us and I move to go to the bathroom but i am stopped my Tessa's hand pulling mine.

"You could stay here while we talk....... you don't have to pretend to be okay with it." she says while moving her hand back and forth on my arm.

"Tess, I am okay, I seriously am. I get that you are confused about me being nice for once.... but I have changed baby, for good this time and I need to show you that." i place my hands on her cheeks and she leans into my palm.

"Also, no matter how many waiters come in your life, this right here will always be owned by a writer. Right? " i say while pointing my hand towards her heart. It is true. I claim her heart the way she claims mine.

"Right" she giggles and I am rewarded with my favorite sound in the entire world. What more do I even need? Her being here with me after all the shit I have put her through itself is a present, a present that i will cherish my entire life.

I give her a smile and start walking towards the bathroom again.

"Wait" she says

"Yeah?" i stop and she gets up from the bed and walks towards me. She surprises me by pulling me into a hug and I nuzzle into her neck, taking in her scent. She then kisses my forehead, eyes, nose and then finally my lips and pulls back.

"Baby" i breathe

"I love you hardin. I hope you know that." I can never get tired of hearing those words coming from her mouth.

"Believe me Tessa I am doing this because I know that" I say and look into her gray eyes that has captivated my soul since the very first time i looked deep into them.

"Get done with the call before i am out of the shower okay... or i will have to curse him out a bit"

"Seems like Hardin Scott hasn't lost his edge completely" she giggles

"I would never" I wink at her and walk towards the bathroom.