Chapter 13

Hardin's POV

"Hardin, where are we going?" Tessa whines for the millionth time. She is sitting here next to me in my rented car, blindfolded. After Ken and Karen where back, I decided on taking her out, the long distance talk was the edge for me. I couldn't sit there any longer and pretend I was okay with the idea of us doing long distance, I am not okay, fuck I want to be with her every second of the rest of my damned life. But I know what I did was the right thing, I don't want to rush this time, I want to take it slow. I would move to New York in a heartbeat, hell to any part of the planet, if it means I get to be with her. I have realised what I was missing on, and now that I have it back I need to fucking value it, value her.

"It's called a surprise for a reason, baby. Can't you just keep quiet and behave like a good girl?" I say

"No, I can't, I have a blindfold on! You better not be taking to my mother's, Hardin" she warns me

"Well, if you don't behave, I will take you there" I half laugh. I place my hands on her bare thigh and she gasp as my cold fingers move along the lace of her red dress.

"Hardin, don't do that!" she complains but her voice betrays her as it comes out more of a moan than a warning "Alright" I decide to give in, I can tease her later, now is not the right time.

*after sometime*

"And we are here" I say as I park the car in the same old spot, nostalgia fills me as I take the look of my surrounding, this place hasn't changed even a bit!

"God! Finally! Now can I take this thing off" Tessa says while fidgeting with the black cloth around her eyes.

"No, wait!" I quickly get out from the car and move to her side and help her to get out from the car.

"Okay, are you ready" I say while placing my hands on her shoulders

"Yes" she exhale

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" and with that I take her blindfold off. She takes in her surrounding and a moment of silence passes between us before she finally speaks.

"Where it all started" she breathes and I nuzzle into her, planting kisses all over the crook of her neck.

"Where it all started" I repeat her words and wrap my arms around her waist, hugging her warm body and bringing it as close to me as possible. My eyes wander around the WSU Campus, as a reel of memory rushes through my mind. There are students roaming around, chattering on their way but my mind is too focused on reliving my past. My mind floods with all the best and worst memories I created here. This is the place where it all started, where I met her. I hated this place when I first got here, but then again if it wasn't for this very college I would have never fucking found her.

"This place......so much has happened here. The bet, our first kiss, all the fights, the frat house, Molly, Steph, Zed... so much has happened. It feels like it all happened ages ago." she says while placing her hands on mine, which are wrapped around her waist.

"I know, baby" I kiss her shoulder and she turns to face me.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Because I wanted to, after all, this is the place where I found you" I say and she leans onto me

"Do you ever wonder what our lives would have been, if we never came to WSU? It would be so much different."she says

"I don't know about different
but my life without you would have been absolute shit. It would have been the same going to parties, getting drunk and fucking every girl that passes my way" I say and she flinches at my choice of words and pull away from me.

"I am sorry, what I mean is..." I pull her to me "I wouldn't have a life to begin with if it wasn't for you, so thank you, I love you" it is true, I wouldn't have a life at all if I didn't find her. She is the very reason I am able to breathe and see light in this sinful world. My memories before her are filled with nothing but crappy memories. I know my life would have been nothing but hell, if I didn't find her, she is the sunshine in my life.

"I love you" she plants a kiss on the crook of my neck and I shiver.

"Remember that coffee house, you and Landon used to go there every single day"

"Yes, I do. That was our meeting spot" she laughs.

"I know that, I used to wait around outside, for you to show up"
"You did?" she ask

"Yes, I was obsessed with you from the very beginning, remember?" I press my forehead against hers and she leans into me. I remember all the times, I would call up Steph and ask her if Tessa was in the dorm room, only to go there and piss the life out of her. I used to love getting a rise out of her, that much obsessed I was with her, hell I still am and I know for a fact that I always will be. Some people might call it unhealthy, but I would care less, I am obsessed with her, all parts of her, even the most annoying and infuriating parts of hers.

She pulls away from me, only enough to face me "Can we walk around the campus please, I haven't been here since forever?" she pouts

"Actually, no. I have some other place I want to take you to."

"Where?" she questions

"That's a surprise" I kiss her cheeks and she scrunches her nose

"Another surprise? Can't you just tell me where we are going?" she whines like a baby

"No, now come on. Let's go before it gets too late" with one last kiss I pull her towards the car. Very hesitantly Tessa gets into the car.

"Turn around" I tell her

"Why?" she ask and I wave the black cloth infront of her.

"Not the blindfold again, Hardin!"

"Shhhh" I turn her around and very gently tie the blindfold around her eyes.