chapter 1 - back to school

I am okay

I am okay. I need to be happy. History is about to repeat itself. The moment I wake up I am already tired of the day. "Why is taking a shower so exhausting?", I'm whispering to myself. Today school starts again. The last two years sucked, badly. I was bullied and no one did anything, not even my teachers.
It's year 11. Please let them forget about me, please I cannot do this again.
"Ah, so you are alive?" My mom jokes. I turn away and roll my eyes.
I feel sick, I skip breakfast and just head to school.

I take my bike to go to school every morning. It is peaceful and quiet.
Once I arrive I pray once more everything will turn out okay. Fuck this honestly. I have no friends. Emilia, my former best friend passed away 2 years ago. She was the best person ever existing.
Wish me luck, Emilia.

Walking into school everything seems normal. Everyone seems chatty since summer break is over, this might go pretty decent. I put on my headphones and go to my first class. I listen to some music but spot Henry, bully. Omg. It's happening, it was fun while it lasted. Walking past Henry and his mates he didn't seem to notice me. What? A slight spring of happiness flows through me as I walk past him. Just as I thought I lost him I hear him speak up. "Well well, hello Lily. Seems this is gonna be a fun year." My heart skips a beat. I turn around and face him. "I have to go to class, bother someone else." I hope he leaves. I turn my back to him. "Seems like you've gained weight over the summer haven't you, how's Emilia? Oh right." As soon as he says her name I freeze and in shock I drop some books as tears form in my eyes. I wanted to turn around, slap him maybe. But I can't. How dare he.

I pick them up and feel a lot going through me: grief, hate, sadness. They're laughing and I suddenly feel a lot of eyes on me. I stop breathing for a second. I run away as tears fall down my face. This is not going to end well. With my hands covering my face I am running to the bathroom. Suddenly I bump into someone. I look up, and see a quite handsome boy standing over me as I fall to the ground dropping my books again.
God, could this day get any worse.

He kneels down and I think he wants to grab my books but I grab them quickly before he does.
I'm not in a fucking romcom. But I make eye contact. Shit.

"Hey, are you oka—"
Before he could finish his sentence I shout "SORRY" and run through the hallway. I really have to get to class now. I wipe my tears with my sleeve. I'll go to the restroom later.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༺♡༻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

During lunch I wander around school. I go to the art classroom where I always feel a little bit safer. I come in, close my eyes and take in the smell of fresh paint. I missed this.
    "Hey, it's you."
    "What?" I open my eyes quickly. Oh god I thought it was Henry. But it— oh no. Oooooh no no. It's the boy, THAT boy. The handsome one. Even worse.

"Hey I wanted to ask earlier if—"
"What are you doing here? Who are you?" I interrupt again. He sits on the floor and stares at me. I see a twitch in the corner of his lips. "You really have something for interrupting people huh?" He paused. "Hello, my name is Ryan. I am new here. I came to explore the school a bit." I chuckle. "So you're sitting on the floor?" "I like it here, the smell of paint, plus the floor is cold." He smiles this time. "My name is Lily, nice to meet you. I was about to go." I turn around "Stay." He replies quickly. I freeze and turn back

It's quiet for a minute and so he breaks the silence.
"So, for the third time I am going to ask you... Don't interrupt."
"I won't." Omg was I smiling?
"Are you okay? Because you seemed really upset earlier."
I do not know what to answer. "Yes!" I look at him. In his deep dark eyes. "Why wouldn't I be?" I am forcing a smile, is it too obvious? He looks into my eyes, clearly not believing me. "Do you want to show me around? We still have, 15 minutes." He nods stands up. We walk around, talk a bit. Not that special. I feel like shit about earlier but he musn't know that. He is new after all.

Lunch is about to end when Henry sees us...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༺♡༻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

author's note
_______________________
Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading this chapter, more will be posted next week :)
Would you mind leaving feedback behind? I'd love that!

my TikTok is @idkhannah17