That Unwanted Mistake

FLASHBACK CONTINUES:

Next day....the U17 Delhi team gathered at the stadium for the match against Karnataka in their final group stage match of the prestigious U17 Vijay Merchant trophy!! Delhi team captain Tanmay Srivastav won the toss and opted to bat first. The openers Rohan and sekhar went to open the innings for the Delhi team. By the end of first 10 overs...they managed to score 60 runs without losing any wicket. But in the first ball of 11th over, sekhar got bowled on the first ball and Virat walked to bat with Rohan.

"Rohan....it's not the time to play calculatively....we just scored 60 runs in first 10 overs...and lost one wicket...so we need to accelerate the innings now..."

Virat said and Rohan nodded in agreement.

"Yes you're right, Virat!! We need to attack otherwise....we won't be able to put pressure on their bowling line up...So what's the plan??? Who's going to take the risk???"

Virat looked at him and grinned.

"Of course....the usual one Rohan...you start your counter attack...and I'm saving wicket from the other end...after 5 overs....we'll alternate it!!!"

Rohan smiled in response and nodded..as both of them fist bumped and went back to their respective ends.

As per their plan, Rohan started playing attacking shots...while Virat kept playing his usual calm and careful game....Without a doubt, they both were the strongest batting pair of Delhi team...with having completely different batting approach...soon enough their partnership stand reached 100 run mark and just when the Karnataka team was losing hope of breaking this batting pair...a unwanted thing happened. A thing....which never happened with Virat or Rohan in 13 years....they played cricket together. But that happened for the first and last time in their life....which changed the whole momentum of game and their life too.

In the last ball of 30th over, Virat hit the delivery for four and decided to go for a 2...so Rohan can be at the crease in the next over. Rohan was hesitant at first but he still ran for the first run nevertheless. But when he was about to go for a second run, Rohan spotted the ball already in the fielder's hands. So he hurriedly went back to his crease and when he turned to refuse Virat to take the 2nd run....it was already late. Virat was standing in the middle of the crease....angry and confused about Rohan's sudden refusal of taking the run. So he hurriedly turned back and ran and dived towards the strike end. But to his misfortune, he was already run out by that time. Umpire rised his finger to give Virat out...as the Karnataka team began to celebrate the wicket aggressively, while everyone in Delhi dressing room were sitting silently and mourning....knowing fully well how vital this partnership was for their team...Everyone were sad..everyone...except of their vice captain...who had a unknown mysterious smile on his face. He mumbled

"You've no idea what have you done just now Rohan!! By doing this mistake...you've signed your own death penalty!!!"

"Virat!! Virat are you all right???"

Rohan rushed towards Virat to help him to get up. But a angry Virat jerked up his hand and got up by himself.

"You know....The least you could have done was to just shout and inform me that you doesn't want to take the 2nd run, Rohan!! This was The least you could have done....for team and for me too!!!"

Virat said in a fuming tone and began to walk back towards the dressing room. Rohan sighed and dropped his shoulders.

"That wasn't intentional Virat...i will never do something like that intentionally....we both know that!! Still...please forgive me if possible!!!"