A lone ray of hope

(PARIMALA020 thank you so much for this beautiful cover🥺❤️it means a lot 💞💞💞)

"Virat.....what are you doing here alone???"

He turned to find his bestfriend standing in front of him, with curious eyes. He sighed

"Nothing, Ro.... it's just that.....leave it...."

He turned and rested his head against the wall, mindlessly staring at the dark night sky. Rohit also sat down, joining him.

"I know that something's bothering you, Virat....you're behaving strangely ever since you came back from the BCCI meeting.....what happened Virat??? Did....did something happened there???"

Rohit asked with uncertainty.

"They.....they want me to take over the captaincy, Rohit.....after mahi bhai's retirement from captaincy, they want me to become the captain of the Indian team......"

He said in a low tone, without looking at Rohit.

"Wowww Virat that's....that's so amazing news....why you're being sad, you idiot??!! You're going to become the Captain of the Indian team.....and you've no idea how much I'm happy and excited about it....I'm sure Virat.....you're going to be the greatest captain.....even more successful than Mahi bhai....."

Rohit shouted excitingly. But there's still no happiness in his face.

"But....I don't want this....Ro....I'm very greatful that they considered me for this job....but still....i can't....."

"But.....Why not Virat??"

Rohit said in a hurtful tone. He looked at his bestfriend.

"Because I'm not the rightful contender for this job, Rohit.....you know that.....I'm nothing like the captain indian team deserves....I'm nothing like mahi bhai....I'm not cool nor composed like him...i  always make huge mistakes while taking DRS neither i can stay calm in pressure situations.....I'm not a good captain Ro....and you're the more deserving one here....you already won 2 ipl for MI!! And look at me....i always fails when team needs me the most....don't you think you should become the captain instead of me???"

He heard his bestfriend shaking his head in disapproval.

"Why you're being so hard on yourself, Virat?? You're not undeserving....you're Someone who deserves this position the most!! I've full faith in mahi bhai's judgment. I've full faith in you....i know you won't disappoint me or mahi bhai or any one of ICT!!! Besides why you want to be like Mahi bhai or me Virat?? When you are already perfect as what you are!! You've already captained the Test team for 3 years now and now you're one of the most successful indian test captain.....it's you who made us the no1 test team, rising from the 7th spot....you made fans fall in love with test cricket and you're the most feared captain and batsman for the opposition. You're the hope of the Indian fans Virat....and who said that you disappoints when team needs you the most!! Be it 2014 t20 world cup final or 2016 t20 world cup semi final, you're the lone warrior of our team.....and you'll see Virat....in future you'll become as great captain as great player you're now...."

He looked up at his bestfriend's shiny eyes.

"Really Ro?? You really think i can be a good captain too?? You've that much faith in me??"

Rohit grinned 

"Of course I've idiot...don't worry about anything. mahi bhai will be there to guide you....I'll be there for you.....you'll see someday You'll become the greatest....and even if you won't.....even if someday the whole world will turn against you, You'll still find me by your side, cheering you the loudest and kicking your troller's ass for you...."