25. All eyes on the monster

Start from the beginning

She swears she could still hear their screams and yells filled with fear as she slaughtered them all.

"You're not a monster." Argent repeated "and there's no queen of death. She doesn't exist, only Avery. Avery exists, she is a loving, caring and beautiful teenage girl who should be at school right now."

"Can't I just skip it?" Avery asked

"No. You're not missing any more days off of school. Now go and see your friends." Argent answered nodding over to the door.

Avery groaned in annoyance before getting up and kissing her father's forehead "Bye Dad."

"Have fun at school!" Chris called out.

Avery just waved him off earning a small smile to spread across Argent's face.

~

"The corpse callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other." Ms finch explained to the class but Avery was not listening whatsoever as she laid her head on the desk while her eyes were practically glued shut because of how tired she was.

"That ability for all parts of the brain to communicate, and to work together, help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions?" The teacher finished, moving her eyes to each student to make sure they understood but when her eyes met Avery not paying attention to the class and half asleep she crossed her arms over her chest. "Avery!"

Everyone immediately turned to look at Avery wondering what she was doing that annoyed Ms Finch but Avery was not in the mood to talk to anyone so she stayed in the same position with her head against the table.

"Avery lift your head off of the desk." Ms Finch demanded but all she got in return was Avery waving her off. This grew on Ms Finch's nerves as she walked over to the table that once had Theo sitting beside the girl who currently losing her mind. Ms Finch tapped Avery on the shoulder "Avery?"

"Leave me alone." Avery grumbled

"Do you need time by yourself? Or do you want to go talk to the councillor about something? Because you are allowed to leave if you need that." Ms Finch asked and Avery lifted her head up to look at her with her tired eyes. It had been months since Avery had gone to the councillor, almost a year.

Avery raised her head from off the table looking up at the teacher with her tired green eyes. "I said leave me alone."

Avery could hear soft whispers from students around the classroom but she couldn't hear what they were saying except for one sentence that was loud enough for her to hear. "She's such an Attention seeker."

Ms Finch also heard and Avery could tell by how she looked towards the other side of the room to where two girls were seated that stared daggers at Avery and when Avery followed where Ms Finch's eyes had stopped on the girls rolled their eyes. "Freak."

Avery could not control the anger she felt as she got up from her seat but just before she could go over to the girls Ms Finch grabbed onto Avery's shoulder. "Sit down."

Avery glared at the girls but they just giggled because Avery couldn't do anything. One of them spoke up while letting small giggles leave her lips. "You poor thing. You can't stick up for yourself. You know your only creating a show for the class?"

"I may not be able to stick up for myself right now but I sure can give the class a show that they will remember." Avery threatened taking a step forward but she still couldn't go anywhere near the girls as a hand grabbed onto her arm and spun her around so she became face to face with Scott who shook his head. "Don't let them win. They want you to react so don't react." he whispered.