The Doctor Dances

The patients are almost within touching distance. "Go to your room." The Doctor tells them, the patients in the ward and the child in the house stand still. Nova looks at her father in surprise that, it actually got them to stop "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" The Doctor tells them in a sterner voice. The child and the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle away. The child leaves the Lloyd's house and the patients get back into bed.

The Doctor looks at Rose, Jack, and Nova "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words."

Nova laughs "you are so right dad, they really would have."

"Why are they all wearing gas masks? "Rose asks looking at the patients.

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Jack answers her question.

The Doctor turns to Jack "How was your con supposed to work?"

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, and name a price. When he's put fifty percent upfront, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroying it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." Jack explains as if it's a normal occurrence, which for him it probably was.

"Yeah. Perfect." The Doctor scoffs

Jack shrugs "The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." He sees the look the Doctor is giving him "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space junk did."

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." Jack tries to defend himself again.

The Doctor looks at Rose and his daughter "Rose, Nova."

Nova looks back at him "yes?"

While Rose asks "Are we getting out of here?"

The Doctor shakes his head "We're going upstairs."

Nova smirks "Awesome"

"I even programmed the flight computer, so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it." Jack says still trying to prove he had nothing to do with this.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day." The Doctor tells him.

A siren sounds. Rose looks at them "What's that?"

"The all clear." Jack tells her.

The Doctor looks at them "I wish."

"Mister Spock?"

"Doctor?"

"Dad?" Jack, Rose, and Nova all call out at the same time as they run past the staircase.

The Doctor is the next flight up. The Doctor looks at Jack "Have you got a blaster?"

Jack nods "Sure!" They run up to join him outside a secure metal door.

"The night your space junk landed, someone was hurt. This was where they were taken." The Doctor tells Jack.

Rose looks at the Doctor "What happened?"

The Doctor grins "Let's find out."

The looks at Jack "Get it open."

Rose looks confused "What's wrong with your sonic screwdriver?"

The Hidden Time Lady [1] ✅️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें