Chapter 68 : I Can't Hold You Even If I Want To

Start from the beginning

"It seems like to have peace between nations. But, Eirene Festival also serves another purpose for each nation: to increase competitiveness and prove each nation better than the other. Meanwhile, the Angelos Empire will assert its dominance over the nations under its control, compelling them to obey each of its commands," Medea suddenly remembers while looking at the roaring cheers among people in the venue.

"My Lady?" Hector's voice comes out, snapping the woman from her thoughts.

Duchess Valimos turns her head to the Marquess, who flashes out a smile at her. She knows he is a part of Aurora's plan that day but decides to leave it off. Medea couldn't handle the part where she would lose more people anymore. So the day she comes to the House of Smith is the only day she talks to Aurora for her recklessness.

"I could have stated many things Aurora did wrong that day. However, I can't deny that I was terrified of Ares to find out what she did and torture her as he did to Hera."

For some reason, Medea is thankful that Hector never mentions anything about it. The Marquess reaches for something out of his pocket and lets out a necklace. He excitedly gives the chain to the Duchess, who is bewildered by the sudden action.

"Duchess Smith prepares for gloves for all of us during the Eirene later on, so I figure out it would look good on you," he said softly.

"You bring a necklace for me for Eirene Festival?" Medea asks weirdly at the Marquess.

"Originally, I intend to give bracelet, but it will be on your way when you swing the swords. Why? You don't like it?" Hector lets out puppy eyes as his eyes fill with hope for Medea to take it.

Duchess Valimos sighs internally as she nods her head, telling Hector to put it around her neck. The Marquess hums happily, getting behind the woman, brushing her hair to the side and wrapping the necklace around her neck.

"Now, we will have a matching item with the necklace and my earrings," he says to Medea, causing her to chuckle at his childish acts.

Hector mentally slaps himself when he looks at the smooth neck behind for thinking such a way about the Duchess.

"All done," he peeks from the side, looking at Medea happily.

"It really does make him happy like that," she thought.

"Lady Natalie!" Lord Apollo's voice rang in, causing both of them to look at the blonde walking away too fast from the bulky man.

Apollo grits his teeth, nagging something at the Duchess, who plays deaf at his words. Duchess Smith puts her hands around her ears, singing a song they never heard before. Hector is a bit puzzled to see that side of the Duchess of Light.

The bulky man had enough, pulling the woman's hand from her ears.

"Would you listen to me?" Apollo asks, not noticing that there are two pairs of purple eyes watching them.

"No, I will join it," Aurora's answer caused the man to sigh.

"It is risky to join it. You will get hurt, my Lady," Apollo tries to persuade Aurora to do something.

"Ah, I am flattered. But, no worries, I will not die now and help you to get laid with an amazing woman," she sarcastically said, laughing at Apollo's face.

Lord Apollo and Duchess Natalie are like siblings. They fight like siblings. Mostly Apollo is the one who gets a headache for the troublemaker's little sister, who causes chaos everywhere. And now, he is too pondered on letting the Duchess of Light join the Eirene Festival, where the merciless battle among the contestants will happen.