Just A Moment...

POV: Y/n

- - - - - - - -

It was the day after me and Silver had confessed our Love to Each Other. We both noticed the adhering grudge Blaze held when running out of Tails' house. I didn't intend to make anyone in specific upset, but just enough to the point they know what's right and what's wrong. I didn't know Silver had heard the offensive words Blaze spoke, even when mostly unconscious...I wonder how he did...other than that, me and Silver are dating now! That's all I ever wanted, was to be with the one I love most. The only thing I had done was push my feelings away, thinking the single mindset of it being a strong friend love, or family love, or no love at all assuming that he'd only make me feel tickled, but once he confronted Blaze and told her how he felt, I realized that The Love I felt for him is real. He felt his love for me is real. Instead of 'Me', its 'Us'. Instead of 'I', its 'We', instead of 'Alone', Its 'Together'. We became one when it was nothing, and Silver is more than happy to be with me as I am for him.

Sonic didn't want me to go back to Wintertime Hill, so he got me a place out here in Soleanna. As many Thanks I gave him, Shadow also offered to help bring my stuff to move in. I took his offer as me and him got a moving truck to do the job! I wasn't so sure about the idea at first, but it was to bring me closer to my friends, and to keep me safer in case Dr. Eggman finds my town in attempt to kidnap me again. In fact, I'm happy to move! I always wanted to leave that town, and now that I feel more free away from it, I can be happier! As Shadow drove the truck, I tried to start a conversation with him, but he didn't budge, so I remained silent for the ride, just as quiet as him. I wonder if something is wrong...did he go through something? Did I upset him? He's always edgy, but not to the point he chooses not to talk. I want to help, but I'll wait until we get a few things settled.

                       ~Time Skip~

Me and Shadow moved most of my stuff in, waiting to do the heavy stuff last. I wiped a bead of sweat from my head as I inspected our work so far. I proudly placed my hands on my hips and gave a light nod at our progress. "We did Amazing! Didn't we Shadow?" I asked cheerfully. I waited...nothing. I bit my bottom lip and raised my eyebrow, looking around "Shadow?" I called out for his attention once more. No response. It took a moment to find that the front door was open, it revealed the black and red spines on his back, staring off at the setting sun, sky with a mixture of many beautiful colors. I sighed and walked to where he was, standing besides him. I grabbed his arm and shook it a bit "S-Shadow?" I gently called out. He didn't move, nor made contact with me, just..stayed still. Like a statue, he remained where he stood. I don't understand why he's behaving this way. Did Sonic do something to annoy him? Did Silver worry him for the way he behaved yesterday? I don't mean to question his attitude so much, I'm just really worried about him, but I don't want to bother him. We're doing amazing work so far, and I thought he'd be more enlightened now that I would be around more often, but he's just as stubborn as he always been.

Nonchalantly, I slipped my hand off of his arm. I decided to leave him be, he looked like he needed some time to himself. I was getting ready to walk away, but before I could, Shadow grabbed my arm without a sound. I stopped, facing him just to see how worried he seemed. "I'm..not mad at you in any way, so don't feel like I am..I just..went through a bit of something." He admitted. I blinked a few times before placing my arm on his shoulder "It's okay if you don't feel like talking-" "I saw Mephiles when I went to go get Silver's Medications..I mean, I know Me and The others defeated him..I could just be going mad, but I witnessed his appearance again, I swear!" He rambled, holding his head and balling up his fist. He started to wobble, clearly unbalanced. I ran to help him stay on his feet, keeping him up, Me putting my arms under his. I sat him down on a couch on the porch. "He..He's an enemy! I saw him! I have to beat him again..he could hurt someone! His dark presence, just ruins me! I can't let him escape!" Shadow panicked. He glanced up at me, then leaned his head back on the cushioned pillow "Do you believe me?" He asked. I stood there, stuck on what to say. I don't know who Mephiles is or why he bothers Shadow so much. He has to be telling the truth, I know he isn't crazy. I can't stand to see him like this, it hurts to see him act so different. He isn't usually afraid, so I know he is just looking out for the others. "Yes. I believe you. Don't worry." I replied nervously. He stayed silent, staring off into the sky again. Feeling the need to take a break as well, I sat next to him and stared at the sky with him.

As I and Shadow sat there, we conversated on our favorite things, as well as people. He told me that he was with G.U.N and had a very close individual named Maria. He explained how she was shot down and that he's over the past, him being known as the Ultimate Life Form. I was shocked to hear so much back story from him..was he holding all of this inside? 'Sounds like a lot of traumatizing events.' I apprehended. I didn't have much to do but hear him out. He doesn't act cold and mean for no reason, he just has so much to hide, it leaves me appalled and honored that I'm one out of many others that he's venting out to. Not only that, but I'm glad that he is able to open up to someone. He's probably been feeling this way for years, it sounds like a lifetime. "Maria...I miss her." He said "I know you do. Listen to me when I say this, Shadow. She would be so, so proud of you right now." I started. He tilted his head, his mouth agape from my sudden statement "You've been so brave, helpful, strong, and even kind, if I don't say so myself! Not only have you fought for years and somehow managed to keep yourself together from the overwhelming stress that may include, but you helped a countless amount of people by doing so. Don't ever think about only the harsh and bad memories of all you went through, I know it's hard, And sometimes you can grieve on that, but just know you have so many friends that care for you. So much that you feel like Family to us. We Love You, Shadow." I consulted in a calm voice. He sat there, unsure of how to respond. I know he's trying to take that all in, because the silence said it all. He looked at his hands, then back at me. He wanted to say something, but didn't know how to reply. It was okay with me, I know how he feels and I know he initially didn't mean to have this plastered expression of seeming full of decay. He just wants to get things done and has his eyes on the ball all the time, he doesn't want to fail anything, especially a mission. For his whole life, He has always been commanded to do something, and is to do it whether he likes it or not. Oh how hard it is to not get the chance to be free and just..be yourself. I want Shadow to have that opportunity, since he has friends and those that love him.

"Y/n..." Shadow quietly called out. His voice sounded more soft than all the times he spoke ". . ." I waited for him to reply. What surprised me most is that..He Smiled at me. I never saw him smile before, not even when we met years ago! And though I lived in Wintertime Hill, Sonic, Him, and their friends would always come visit me (Except for Silver and Blaze because Y/n just met them not all too long ago). I felt a smile creep onto my face, Happy that Shadow is happy "Thank You, for talking to me. I really needed that." He solely said, looking around to really make sure nobody was lingering by. I giggled "Your Welcome, Shadow! I'm happy that you talked to me about how you felt!" I replied. He brought me into a tight hug even more unexpectedly. Shadow is completely showing his soft spot to me now! I had to comprehend the action, but once I felt his arms quiver from around me, I found him really melting into the moment we shared. I wrapped my arms around Shadow and hugged him back. He held me close to him, allowing me to be shoved closer to him, I didn't mind it. Poor thing, He's so touched, to me he represents the phrase 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words' to me. I noticed that is his way of showing me that he is enlightened by me sticking around. Nobody has ever comforted him like this? I guess they didn't think it was needed because he never showed these type of emotions to anyone. Seeing him Smile, a heartfelt smile, in the first time ever for me at least. I want to be the light to everyone's eyes. Each day reminds me of a New Chapter. Starting now, this feels new.

He released me from the hug and smiled more. It warmed my heart to see him this way. Whoever this Mephiles guy is, I know he'll be beaten again and forever! I wish I could help him do so, but..I'm just like an ordinary person. Powerless. Suddenly, Shadow's smile faded as he cleared his throat, making a straight and serious expression again. I was really lost, why? I turned to see Silver walking our direction, carrying a bunch of groceries with his psychokinetic powers, them floating behind him. 'Oh..he doesn't want to show his feelings to anyone else. I know now.' "Hey Shadow! Hi N/n! I decided to bring some food and drinks to put in your new house, Y/n! Is He helping you?" Silver greeted, giving Shadow the death stare. I stood up immediately and hugged him, soon pushing him into my house "Yeah of course! You go inside and do what you need to, I'll be out here! Byee!" I rushed him inside. I didn't want him to get suspicious, but it seemed like that was already starting up...

Oooooh Boy...