"I'll take it from here."

Winter can hear other students murmuring to each other. Some are thrilled that the Head Girl will be the one who'll facilitate them. She forgot that Karina is the Head Girl of St. Ives College, and that's why she's everywhere. Is this what she meant when she said, 'I'll see you later, cutie.'? Winter shakes the thought.

"I reckon they'll not be that difficult to handle." Karina sent a wink in her direction, and she could only groan and roll her eyes in annoyance.

"I heard the two of them are in a secret relationship." Ryujin comments, looking at the two.

A bit intrigued, Winter asked, "What made you say that?" They discreetly watched Aeri walk out of the room as Karina filled in for her.

"Rumours." She simply shrugged, "A freshman said he caught them snogging each other's faces off under the bleachers after the football game with Penwith."

After the game with Penwith? That was the day she got drunk and the day she accidentally slept with Karina. She remembered Yizhuo dragging her hopeless arse after the game because a friend had invited her to this party.

"Do you also have one of those?" Ryujin's question popped her bubble.

Confusedly she replied, "One of what?"

"Rumours."

Winter grimaced. This person is utterly nosy. Well, she does have her fair share of baseless and unwanted rumours; like she decapitated a stray cat, which isn't true because she's allergic to cats' fur, and couldn't stand near them without sneezing a lot. Or that time she got rumoured dating a woman older than her, which isn't true because it was her sister Jisoo just being utterly affectionate towards her. She got labelled as a dyke for days by those people who despised her. But they eventually shut up when Winter documented and spread their darkest secret throughout the campus. It was absolutely satisfying. She's not gonna lie.

One thing that people say about Karina Yu is that she has a bit of an overbearing personality due to her high social status. She also likes to abuse her power to some extent, so no one dares defy her in any way. She's a typical Queen Bee in a chick flick movie, as cliche as it sounds. Those were the rumours.

Winter is indeed aware of those. But she's also not the kind of person who listens to baseless rumours, simply because she completely knows what it feels like to be misjudged by people—especially those insecure ones who hate people for completely no reason. She'd rather want to witness if what they were saying about Karina was true or not with her own eyes.

Karina is a very affectionate, yet absolutely straightforward kind of person. At least that's what she'd seen so far. She doesn't know the person and she would rather want it to stay like that. But that seems to be quite difficult to accomplish when the person is pretty much persistent to get her attention.

After two hours of ignoring Ryujin, Winter was finally done with her task. She was absolutely thankful because Karina didn't pay attention to her throughout the period. She was definitely doing her job as the Head Girl.

Everyone was done and gone out of the room. She gathered her stuff and proceeded to pass her paper, but only to be followed by Ryujin.

"You never answer my question." Winter couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Because I'm not obliged to answer them." She nonchalantly replied.

"Shin." Karina sternly called, which startled Winter, "Stop putting nonsense into Winter's head."

"I didn't do anything." Ryujin raises her hands innocently in surrender.

"I heard what you said to her a while ago." Ryujin grins sheepishly. Winter looks at them a bit confused. "Hello, darling." Karina gestures fondly at Winter.

Winter ignored the flirty gesture and asked instead, "You two know each other?"

"She's an acquaintance," Karina mutters coolly, as she stands right by her side.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Ryujin has a look of amusement in her eyes, "Are you two dating?" She gestures at both of them, fingers pointing.

"No, we are n—"

"Are you that girl on her Instagram post?" She cut her off, "I didn't expect that you're this—tiny. Are you sure you're not a kid?"

Now, that's absolutely rude. This person is even more annoying than Yizhuo. It was their first time meeting each other, but she never failed to poke all her pet peeves.

"I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall. I'm not a kid. You're being rude right now." She glowered.

"Feisty. I love her already, Rina." Ryujin grins in amusement. "You weren't lying on your post, she looks cute though."

Karina immediately slithered an arm around Winter's waist in a possessive manner. Winter's impression of Karina is the typical cold-hearted Queen Bee in a chick flick movie. But deep inside she's soft and the type of person who turns mushy, sweet, gentle when in love, and goes extremely mad and cute when jealous. She was indeed right. She knows well because she'd seen a lot of people like her.

"Chill, Rina." Ryujin chuckles looking at Karina's annoyed face.

"Don't call me that. We're not friends." She bites back.

"Ouch. It hurts me so much when you say that, Rina." She fakes a sob, "You don't need to be mean. I just want us to be friends." She smiles smugly.

"I said don't call me that." Winter flinched a bit. Karina's tone was too intimidatingly cold and Ryujin was just taking it all lightly.

"Well, I'm not gonna take her from you—unless she wants me to." Ryujin charmingly winks at Winter. She never really paid attention to her a while ago, but this girl is very pretty. Her short black hair with pink highlights, pretty much suits her funky and rebellious way of dressing.

Karina tightens her hold, glaring menacingly. Winter was still processing the bold action, feeling trapped inside. She was at a loss for words, not because she failed to explain her side that she and Karina were not a thing, but also because this person flirted with her, in front of Karina, and it irks her the most.

In every chick flick movie, there's always a troublemaker who'll annoy and constantly mess with everyone around. She can feel the trouble radiating from Ryujin. She knows well because she was also a former troublemaker herself. Winter knows better than not to be close to this one.

"Well, too bad. She's already taken." Karina simply retorted, her possessive arms still wrapped around her torso, unconsciously giving her shivers.

To be continued...

AUTHOR

This took a bit of time because I had to be careful when writing Winter's background story because it was going to affect the plot if it wasn't written well. And I think I did a great job. We had a subtle glimpse of what her previous life had been like, and it gradually shows how she became the person she is right now.

Also, in this chapter, we could clearly make out that Karina is pretty much the jealous type XD Oh, don't judge me. Who doesn't want a smokingly hot jealous Karina? Shut up.

Enter Ryujin, in the draft version, I didn't really emphasize what her role was. Well, now that I gain a couple of brain cells, I could say that she's pretty much worst than Yizhuo.

What do you guys think of this chapter btw?

P.S.

For those who want to read another story similar to this kind of genre, subscribe to ➶𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒𝙎➶. The Part 1 of the story is almost done!