Code and Blood are Similar: Who We Are vs What We Become

"Code and Blood are Similar:
It is Written within us Who We Are.
You cannot Change who you are, but you can change what you become."

August 2022

You:

After I proved to mom yesterday that I would come back home after the arcade closed at around 6:30pm. Mom said it was okay for me to go to the arcade each day, Mr. Litwack allowed regulars to have an allowance, their parents did this pre-paid system with him where they paid in advance for a full days worth of gaming. Mr. Litwack gave the kid a stack of quarters and the kid would have fun. Usually the parents paid around 20 to 40 dollars... this system made it easier for him to not have to bank so many quarters. Your mom would give you around 15$ plus the additional pre-paid amount to Mr. Litwack as to keep you entertained.

Mom was very busy with work, unlike grandma who made racing her entire career, your mom was an accountant. Sadly, Nana became paralyzed after a racing accident. Racing in real life vs racing in video games; humans don't regenerate when bad stuff happens, we don't eat some type of fruit, vegetable, fungi (looking at you Mario), candy (Kirby), pie, ect... that heals our wounds in a flash or makes us invincible. When bad stuff happens, sometimes we rise up from the ashes (credit to owner of sentence), other times we can't even get up let alone open our eyes (apologies for sadness here). Mom did track as a hobby, a hobby she barely does... yesterday she was able to go, but that was after a year long hiatus. Right now she prefers to drive around in her free time.

Currently, I'm waiting for my turn on Sugar Rush. Out of all the games in the arcade, Sugar Rush is the easiest and funnest to play. I don't like the other games all too much. Not into fighting games, dance dance revolution is impossible because of... everything! I'm not good at the games that involve shooting, or those games where I have to use those toggle switches and press a button. I guess, like my mom, and Nana before me, I'm a racer. Fast and furious is my nature.

Finally the kid was done on the game, so I put my roll of quarters on the console and sat down. Inserting my two coins, the new 9 characters now included this funny looking one:

I moved the gear shift that was used to pick the characters, he said his name, "King Candy!"

I couldn't help but smile a little, the goofy way he said it too, I shook my head, "cute." I muttered and move the gear shift toward the next character, to bad I didn't notice the slight change in facial expressions with his character. Maybe if I noticed it...

Well, I didn't... so, I picked this girl, "Candlehead."

This time I saw a frown on his face. But to his defense all the other characters looked unhappy too. So, it must be part of the game.

It was only 15 minutes later and I was continuously loosing. I picked all seven other candy kids; Snowanna RainBeau, Sticky Wipplsnit, Minty Zaki, Rancis Fluggerbutter, Gloyd Orangeboar, Adorabreeze Winterpop, and Taffyta; but each one was bested by none other than King Candy each time. I guess coming in second place behind King Candy each time is still counted as a win, but winning second place each time isn't the goal of the game. Its was weird... I can understand a win every few games, but every game. There's no way a character's code is pre-programed to beat the gamer who is paying to play the game. That is unethical and definitely a ripoff on the gamers end. Each and every time he won he would say, "better luck next time, Sugar Cube." What was also weird was when I watched him beat the other player though, he didn't say that, he said, "Have Some Candy, Losah!"