Valentina

"Where is Leonardo?" I ask as i enter the newbie's quarter. Today is the day i come and check on them. I made it a monthly custom.

"He is in his office your highness."

I open the door quitely as i spot him sitting in front of a desk full of paper. He lookes tired. No, exhausted. He seems like he is wearing the same clothes as the day before. His eyes barely open and his hair a bit messy. As if he worked the whole night. I heard Valeria say something about how he is working so much and that his siblings are complaining. I assumed that Theodor brainwashed her again. Perhaps i was very wrong.
His eyes widden just as he notice me. He didn't expect me first thing in the morning as i usually come the afternoon. He jerks up and offers me a bow of respect. I repeat his gesture as he askes me to sit.

"Good morning, princess Valentina. I didn't expect you to-"

"Valentina."i said as he frown with confusion.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said call me Valentina. No need for formalities." His eyes widden again with surprise. He stares at me for a moment. As if he is waiting for me to take what i said back.
I clear my throat to get his attention as he snaps back to reality and shifts in his seat.

"I finished the monthly and the annuel reports. The begginers of this year were harder to deal with. Most of them had no experience. So we had to do extra work this year. But the results were prideful."

"Good."

"Also there is something-"

"Did you sleep last night?"

"Excuse me?"
I stare at him waiting for his response. He doesn't seem to undrestand the question for two minutes straight.

"You really need coffee." I said as i sigh.

"I apologize you just caught me off guard."

"I am giving you two weeks rest. And i'll get you a secretary who would help you."

"No need. Valentina-"

"That is not up to discussion. Look at yourself. You probably didn't sleep for two days straight working on some reports. I never thought that being in charge of some newbies would require this enormous time and energy."

He stare at me in disbelief. Then he smiles. His muscels seem to relaxe a little.

"Thank you. And i apologize for acting a bit bizzare this morning and for-"

"Quit apologizing, will you? Goodness!You address me as if i am the emperor himself. We share the same title. So no need for all these formalities. And I should apologize for not paying more attention to your matter."

"You don't have to apologize. I was only doing my work." His smile now is brighter. He still looks tired but less tense. As if some kind of burdan was lifted from his shoulder.

"Now leave. And don't you dare set foot in this office before the two weeks of your vacation is expired."
He laughs a little.

"Yes ma'am."

I came back to my chambers as i summon my secretary.

"Hire a secretary for prince Leonardo. A competent one,"  i said as i take a seat in my desk's chair.

"Do i have any important meeting this afternoon?"

"Yes your highness. You have a meeting with the emperor about a political affaire. And you have a training session with  the Vice-president."It sliped my mind this trainning session with Antony. Well, he did bring us victory again so it would be a shame for me to decline.