Chapter 52 || Scotland

Start from the beginning

I snort into a laugh and she pouts, "I am trying to be romantic and you are ruining it by your laughter."

My lips pull into a pout before I kiss her quickly, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's just...it's called tip-toeing sweetheart, not toe-tipping."

"Oh...oops."

I smile at her adorable little shyness and cluelessness for English slang, nodding, "I'm sorry. Continue."

She shakes her head and rubs her hand against her forehead, "I was just trying to say that I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but it um...it is working, right? This, we, we–" "Work, we work," I whisper reassuringly and she flushes with a soft smile.

it is working, right? This, we, we–" "Work, we work," I whisper reassuringly and she flushes with a soft smile

"Stay. We can both stay."

"We made promises, Yelena," I frown, thinking about not touching base with Jayce and Nat, not meeting them tomorrow, her not meeting Melina. I've already stopped answering their calls to be alone with Yelena just a little bit longer, we just wanted to get as much time as possible.

But I can't ditch them again, they'll kill me. Both of us.

"Not to each other. This is the first time I've felt like I've been living a normal life. I am happy."

I smile down at her and before I can do anything else, she grabs my cheeks and pulls me in for a deep kiss, my whole body nearly melting at her forward move.

Usually it's me doing it, or she'll pout until I kiss her, but she's taking control. And it's something that is ridiculously attractive.

We pull apart for breath and that's when I see the televisions, showing a giant alien-like spherical machine. There's two aliens on the news, buildings crushed, people running, some injured.

It reads New York Attack before I whisper fearfully, "W-what are they?"

Vision walks over and stares, "What the stone was warning me about."

The screen switches to a newscaster with Tony's picture beside it.

Tony Stark Missing

"Isn't that your old friend?" Yelena says and I swallow, feeling an overwhelming queasiness fill my gut.

"I must go," Vision says and I turn to him, "Maybe this isn't the best idea."

He looks between us before his eyes widen as he looks behind Yelena. I frown and go to speak but before I can he pushes Yelena away and steps in front, a giant scepter going right through his abdomen.

"VISION!" I shriek as an alien looking man lifts him up on the scepter. Yelena instantly pulls out her guns and starts shooting but the alien dude dodges it and throws Vision.

My hands light up with red as I go to attack but feel a giant burning blast shoot me from behind, launching me through a storefront window.

"Wanda!" Yelena cries but I can't see her. I just feel my head pounding and see blurry crackling lights above me.