Until now, it is still a mystery and she can't just say that the emperor did send those people to assassinate her when she doesn't have any evidence.

After a week of preparing the welcome banquet for the princess' arrival to the Western State, they are now outside the palace waiting for the princess.

After half an hour, she can already see the approaching entourage of the princess. When they finally arrived, the emperor welcomed the princess' carriage until the princess got out of her carriage.

She is really beautiful.

She thought while watching her descend on her carriage. She doesn't feel down because of her looks, but while watching the emperor helping the princess walk down the wooden stairs, she keeps telling them that they do look good to each other.

"Let's go back to the palace!" Eunuch Bi announced and she led the parade until they reached the palace.

While she was drinking her wine, she couldn't stop looking at the princess who was busy serving the emperor his wine.

She just shook her head while watching the emperor enjoying the company of the princess. And he told me he doesn't want to marry the princess, liar.

She was about to drink again when she saw a sword aiming at the emperor. She immediately gets up and blocks it. Then a bunch of arrows aiming at the Emperor came so she had no choice but to stop them all. But an arrow hit her immediately, which made her feel weak.

Oh no, the arrow is poisoned!

She fell to the ground and after a second, she felt someone carry her. "Nianian! Nianian, open your eyes!"

He is already getting worried on Nianian's state when someone took Nianian's pulse and check on her. He looked who is that and saw an old man.

After the old man checked on her, he immediately hit her with an acupuncture to block her poison from spreading. "Nianian."

Nianian tried to open her eyes. "Old man, why are you here? Save me, old man, I can't die yet."

"I know. Don't worry, girl." The old man said and looked at him. "Your majesty, I am the physician of Denxin sect. The arrow that shoots her is poisonous and I only blocked it for a while. Once the poison relapses again, I'm afraid it is already too late for her. Hoping your majesty to let me take Nianian on our sect for better treatment."

He immediately nodded and brought Nianian in the old man's carriage and watched them leave. 

He goes back to the venue of the banquet and looks for Cao Zhi. "Cao Zhi, send men to investigate the case. Also, ask some blacksmiths what kind of arrowhead is this and ask the physician what the herbs are in this poison. I can't believe we can't track down the assassin with this."

"Yes, your majesty." Cao Zhi said and left. While he stopped the banquet for other's safety. He let Eunuch Bi send the princess to her room while he went to his palace to wait for Cao Zhi's report.

When Cao Zhi arrived, he immediately gave him the arrow head and sword. "Your majesty, the blacksmiths said that they don't know the origin of the arrow. They told me that it is their first time seeing this kind of arrow that has a different style of making."

"How about the poison in it?"

"The imperial physician told me that it will take time for him to write down all the herbs in poison since the herbs are also unfamiliar to him so he told me that he'll check the herbs in the book of medicines in the library."

He sighed. Looks like he still doesn't have the chance to investigate the case.

"Okay, go now. I'll have an early rest now." He said and when Cao Zhi left, he lay on his bed and slept.