Husband? Tsk.

She just shook her head and took the jade hairpin. She bought it and kept it in her pocket then followed the emperor. She saw him looking at the rouge stall, then going to the bracelet's stall, and to the fans before he went to a restaurant.

For an emperor who rarely goes outside, he is a little bit knowledgeable about the street.

She looked at Cao Zhi and neared him. "Cao Zhi, go and accompany his highness. I just have something to do. Don't wander around, you should not leave the restaurant without me. I'll go back immediately." She ordered. Cao Zhi nodded and went inside the restaurant.

While she went inside a dress store and was welcomed by the store manager. "Miss, are you here to buy a dress? We have so many good quality dresses that have just arrived this morning."

She smiled and took out the jade hairpin she bought. "Miss, can you find me a dress that will complement this hairpin?"

When the store manager started pulling her towards the dresses, she immediately followed and tried to choose a dress for herself.

"Cao Zhi, where did she go?" He asked while looking at the door.

"Your majesty, you have been asking me that for the 10th time. And my answer is still safe. I don't know. She just told me that she has something to do and will come back immediately. Maybe she is already coming back and was just delayed."

He sighed. Did she get angry when I left without talking? Or maybe felt abandoned?

"How about we go out and find her?"

Cao Zhi immediately shook his head. "Your majesty, Miss Nianian specifically told me not to leave the restaurant without her."

He annoyingly took his chopstick and started eating. He was in the middle of eating meatballs when someone sat on the chair in front of them.

He choked with the meatball when he saw the woman in front of her.

"Your majesty!" Cao Zhi said and gave him a glass of water. It took him a minute before his cough stopped and looked at the woman again thinking it was his eyes that were tricking him.

There it is again. The woman who is shining and smiling at him. "Cao Zhi, can you see Nianian in front of me?"

"Your majesty, what are you talking about?" Cao Zhi asked, so he looked at him and pointed in the direction of the woman. "Your majesty, there is none."

He looked again and there was really no Nianian in a dress. Maybe he got obsessed with wanting a Nianian to wear a dress just like before. He is even hallucinating.

He shook his head and stopped eating. He got up. "Cao Zhi, let's go find Nianian." He said and was about to leave their table when there went his hallucinations again but now, she's in the door.

"This is bad, Cao Zhi. I'm already hallucinating during the day."

Cao Zhi laughed. "Your majesty, she is real." He said and sat on the chair and continued eating.

He was just staring at Nianian who is now nearing them. He didn't know what happened but he is getting weak. He tried to sit down but the chair moved and it almost made him fall. Good thing Nianian is fast and helped him stand firmly.

Nianian looked at him worriedly. "Your majesty, are you okay?"

He cleared his throat. "I—I'm okay." He said and sat on his chair. "Go and eat now. We've been waiting for you. Cao Zhi is even getting impatient and even wants to go out to find you." He said and started eating. Cao Zhi was about to talk but he eyed him so he remained silent.

Royal Guardianजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें