She nodded. "Thank you, leader. Don't worry too, I will protect the Emperor at all costs."

"I don't worry about that because I know that you can do it. I'm more worried about you. I know how you wanted revenge about what happened years ago and I'm scared that you will be hurt in the process. Don't be reckless and impulsive, okay?"

She nodded and smiled. "Leader, don't worry, you know that I don't move without evidence.  And I am here to personally investigate what happened 3 years ago so I plan to lie low and not make a ruckus in the palace."

"That's good. I'll get going." He said and left with the carriage. While she went back to the Emperor's court and saw him talking with Cao Zhi so she planned to enter after their conversation but he signed him to get inside so she got in.

"Your majesty." She bowed.

"Nianian, we're talking about the assassination happened on the riverside that night. I wanna ask you, when you were having a fight with them, have you seen something that can be a clue for our investigation?"

She tried to think about what happened that night and it seems like she did see something. "Your majesty, when I was fighting that day, I accidentally cut the enemy's cape and saw a mark on the left side of his neck."

"A mark? Can you recall it?" She nodded. "That's good. Please draw it." He said and let her sit on his chair.

She doesn't have a choice but to draw the mark she saw on the enemy's neck. After a while, she gave him the drawing and got up.

"I think this mark looks familiar." The emperor said and gave it to Cao Zhi. "Cao Zhi, try to investigate who's sect has that marking. Also, prepare a room for Nianian since she's staying here in the palace."

"Yes, your majesty." Then he left.

She goes in front and bow. "Your majesty, I don't need a room for resting since I'll stay awake and will only have a light rest outside your room."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Nianian. As a guardian, you also need privacy for yourself. Even if you won't have a rest there, at least there is something that you can own in the palace."

"But I don't need anything in the palace, your majesty."

The emperor sighed. "I know. But I will still make a room for you and don't bother refusing it. Now, I will need to read memorials and you should do your job as a guardian now."

She sighed. "Yes, your majesty."

It has been a week since Nianian came to the palace as the guardian and he can see how dedicated she is to her work. She did say the truth when she told him that she doesn't need a room for resting because it's been a week and she only goes to her room 2 times. And it is because he urges her to go and have a rest. She doesn't even go without ordering her.

They are now in the court for the morning meeting and before he dismisses the meeting, his only brother Fen Xin arrives. His brother was sent to the frontier to fight off those rebels who killed the civilians there. After 3 months, he came back.

"Long live, your majesty." Fen Xin said. "Your majesty, my task to subdue those rebels has been done and now, they are already in the ministry of justice for investigation and trials. Please give us advice, your majesty."

"Don't bother that anymore, Prince Fen Xin. Let the ministry do their job while you have a rest in your palace."

"Thank you, your majesty." Fen Xin said.

The morning meeting was dismissed and he was about to go to his palace when his brother stopped him. "Brother, why are you still here?"

"Brother, I missed you when I was on the frontier so I wanna ask you to go hunting with me today."