good morning [m. chapman]

a/n: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MAN LOOK CUTER IN POWDER BLUE.

forza ✪ @26jane26 ✪

Y/N woke up slowly. Her body shivered a little due to the chilly weather rushing in through her window.

Outside, the beautiful city of Toronto was waking up. The sound of rushing cars passed by with soft chatter heard below.

She just got back from her hometown in New Jersey to visit her mother, who opted to stay back this baseball season.

But as for Y/N, she loved baseball. She loved having something she could bond about with her father and go to games whenever she wanted.

Her father, John Schneider, managed the Blue Jays this year. He'd been the bench coach in years before, and prior to that he was a catcher in their minor league organizations.

Being so close with her father, he trusted her a lot. She knew lots of the guys on the team, who were all super sweet. She enjoyed being around George, Vladdy, and Matt the most.

She and Matty got really close in this past year or so. He was new to Toronto and to put it blatantly, Y/N had absolutely no friends in the city.

So once Matt introduced himself to her, Y/N was the first to ask him if they wanted to hang out. This turned into them becoming best friends in a matter of three weeks.

Y/N's father didn't quite understand how they got this close. But, he's always trusted his daughter and came to really like Matt as a player and person. Plus, they'd always buy each other coffee and bring one back for him. He'd take that any day!

On this crisp Toronto morning, Y/N and Matt were planning on going to the field together. Spring training had just ended, and everyone was antsy to get back on their home turf - Rogers Centre.

The girl threw on a fully black outfit and a cute blue jays bomber jacket over the top of it considering it was still a little chilly despite it being early April.

Y/n grabbed her sunglasses and bag, hearing a knock at the door just as she opened it.

"Matt!" she exclaimed, a little startled.

Matty laughed as he greeted Y/n. They somehow managed to do this every time.

"You ready?" he asked, stepping aside for Y/n to walk out of her apartment and lock her door.

"Of course I am! I'm gonna totally outrun you on the bases today."

"Yeah, right. Like your fathers gonna even let you near the field let alone the dugout." he joked.

"We'll see, Matt." y/n rolled her eyes playfully before nudging him a little. By this time, they were already practically down the elevator and outside. Y/n's condo was only about 3 blocks away from the stadium - walking distance. "So any ideas on who I should put on my fantasy team this year?"

"Damn, you still play fantasy baseball?" Matt lifted his eyebrows.

"Yeah, why not?"

"You don't have restrictions for being Coach's daughter? But, to answer your question I think your first draft pick should be pretty obvious."

"No restrictions for me! And yes, I was thinking the same thing! I think Machado would be a great first round pick. Definitely not that Chapman bum, he fell off years ago..."

"Shut up," Matty mumbled, unable to hide his grin. "Man, I'm so happy baseball isn't a winter sport. It gets freezing around here."

"The chill is kind of nice for me. It reminds me of Christmas."

"It's April, and you're already thinking about Christmas?"

"I love Christmas! I love all the holidays, but Christmas is just gorgeous." Y/N smiled, opening the door to their favorite local coffee shop in downtown Toronto. It was right outside Roger's Centre.

A devious smirk crossed Matt's face as the Christmas talk continued while they ordered. The two sat down, and the man sat back as he asked the question he'd been thinking about.

"What would you want for Christmas?" he asked.

Y/N thought for a moment, "Well, I'm not too materialistic. I just enjoy the sparks and the feeling. What about you?"

Matty smirked once more, as she could tell he was up to no good in that sly mind of his. The way his big brown eyes met hers sent a zingy feeling through her chest and heart, causing her to look down.

"Hot latte for Matt!"

Suddenly, the moment came to a halt and Y/N watched as her best friend got up to grab his drink.

Y/N got hers shortly after, and the two continued their adventure to Roger's Centre.

"You never answered my question." Y/N smiled.

"About what I want for Christmas?"

"Yeah."

"I'd say it but I don't want to sound cringy."

Y/N playfully rolled her eyes.

"Fine," he sighed, "All I want for Christmas is you."

At first, Y/N laughed. She expected Matt to be laughing with her. But he wasn't.

They'd stopped walking now. Matt was facing her.

His eyes were wide now. Expectant.

Slowly, the girl smiled shyly, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear as she extended her feet onto her tippy-toes and planted a kiss on Matt's lips.