Prologue: revenge & death

(an: please note that there might be scenes that would make you uncomfortable. And  Mention of death and suicide (just the word suicide, not going in detail about it!) Probably cringy, I apologize. Lots of mistakes)
-------------------

[Japan - Osaka - Private estate - 02:41 am]

"heuk!.. I can't believe it.. the famous Assassin came for this old man's neck.." he taunted, coughing up blood  as she kicked him hard in the stomach. The old man fell to his knees and wheezed as he tried standing up again.
"You.. I curse you! I hope you die by the hands of someone you trust the most..!" he spat out, glaring at the female.
The grey eyed girl watched him with an emotionless face as she pulled out her gun and finished him off. ".. that will never happen. since I... don't trust anyone." she whispered, to no one in particular.

she sighed, making sure that she didn't leave any trace that would lead to her before jumping off the window and sneaking away.

After a sufficient distance, she took out her mobile phone and said, "Yamaguchi Hiroto's assassination was a success." She spoke coldly as usual.
"Well done, Kitsune."
When she hung up the phone, it started to rain.
She  looked up at the sky, her eyes hiding deep sorrow.
"Mom...you must be disappointed to see your daughter doing the dirty work..." she muttered, a wry smile  on her lips.
"But...  to find out the truth about your death... I have to." She closed her eyes and felt her tears welling up.

".. I promise I'll make things right once I'm done, mother.., once I've finally avenged you."

[Six months later]
[Tokyo- 05:06 pm]
A black haired female entered her house, took off her shoes and put on house slippers then walked inside, "I'm home~" she chirped, looking around but she didn't spot anyone.
'weird. He must be in his room'

She thought, walking upstairs and passing by her father's workroom.
She heard voices coming from inside and she knocked before entering.
"Father? Oh you're here too, Inspector." She bowed politely.
"Hello there Mitsuki" he smiled at her.
"Sorry Mitsuki, we're having an important talk right now." Her father said.
"Oh. Is it because of that "Kitsune" guy everyone's talking about?" She asked curiously.
"ah yes.. we still can't find him." The inspector sighed.
"I won't bother you guys any longer, good luck! I'm sure you'll find her..! Or him!" She kept a bright smile, leaving the room and heading to her own.

She sighed, plopping on her bed.
'suspicious.. My father is the most well known detective in Japan and yet.. he can't find "Kitsune"..? He can't find her.. when she's been living under the same roof as him?'

She got up, taking clean clothes with her and going inside the bathroom.
She started the water and let it run until it turned warm.
She undressed then got in the shower, closing her eyes and feeling the water cascade down her body, calming her nerves.
Once she had finished washing herself up, she stepped out of the shower and  dried herself before wearing her clothes.

She headed downstairs and made light dinner for herself and her father.
She waited for him but he didn't come
'must still be working.'
She ate, washed her plate and went back to her room.
She changed to her pajamas and laid in her bed, closing her eyes to sleep.

[1 year later]
[Japan- airport- 03:55 pm]
Mitsuki was  currently walking through the airport, they just came back from completing a mission in America.
She left and headed straight to her headquarters to report.

[tokyo- 07:55 pm]
She already reported to her boss went  to her house.
Luckily for Mitsuki, her father was already away for work so she didn't need to worry about him suspecting her.

[15 days later]
Her father is already back, now they're eating dinner together and chatting happily.
It was a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
After eating, Mitsuki cleaned up and then heard A ding from her phone. She looked at it, seeing a new message from an unknown number, 'New target: Hiwatari Manami…' she sighed, reading the full message before deleting it.
She needed to get it done by tonight.