Chapter Eleven: Try Not To Die

A/N: I've been thinking abt rewriting some of the earlier chapters but idk💪

Lucy POV

For the remaining hours of our imprisonment, I mostly slept; wanting to avoid conversation with Hisoka after our questionable actions in his little drinking game. What made me think drinking would be a good idea?! Oh right, Cana's terrible influence.

The day hadn't been as physically training as the first phase, but I was emotionally exhausted. A long sleep was exactly what I'd needed.

During the final few hours, I finally got up and spoke to Hisoka. Though I chose to avoid bringing up the events of the drinking game, mainly for the sake of my pride.

The last few hours went by quickly, Hisoka showing me how to use the box-shaped item he'd called a tv. Turns out it functions pretty much the same as a movie lacrama does on Earthland, just without magic. We flicked through channels for a while until it was finally announced that we could move on with the stage.

The doorway opened up to another, larger room. Hisoka and I stepped inside, the dim lighting making it hard to see anything except two blurry figures sat across from us.
Abruptly, one of the people stood up and menacingly walked towards us. It was a gruff-looking man with scars across his scowling face.
"I've been waiting for you, Hisoka." The scarred man sneered, a hateful look carved into his face.

I looked at Hisoka with concern. How did this guy know him? I'd only met him a few moment ago and I could already tell they weren't friends.
Hisoka sensed my concern and placed a hand on my shoulder, reassuring me not to worry. It was a sweet gesture, but didn't really help.

The man started explaining how Hisoka had attacked him during the last hunter exam, and that he was here for revenge. If what he said is true, then I do agree that Hisoka's actions were a little...brash. But waiting a whole year to get revenge on him? That's just sad!

"I was doing you a favour you know?~ Proving how inadequate you were as an examiner." Hisoka taunted, unaffected by the man's threats.

"Shut it! While I'm getting paypack on you," The man turned his glare to me, "My friend here will take care of your pretty little girlfriend!" He gestured to the person sat next to him, still hidden in the shadows.

"Hey, I am not his girlfr-" I started, but was cut off by the mans companion finally coming out of the shadows.

"I didn't particularly want to be here, but I suppose disposing of this girl could be enjoyable." They said snobbishly and stepped forwards, revealing themselves.
They were a tall woman dressed in a long red dress and a black coat that reached passed her ankles. Her hair was black and styled into a tightly curled bob- not a single strand out of place.

"Disposing? Aren't you guys examiners?" I raised my eyebrow. I understood why the other guy wanted to kill Hisoka, but what was this ladies problem?

"Ha! Examiners?! No no, I'm here to get my prison sentence reduced. I've got 90 years just for a few little murders and embezzlement, can you believe it?" The lady complained, flicking her hand from side to side.

"Right then..." I sweatdropped, slightly worried for my own life. Why was the hunter exam hiring people who actually wanted to kill us?? That's just poor policy.

"Enough talk!" The man roared, taking several boomerang-like daggers and launching them at Hisoka, who swiftly dodged.

"Try not to die!" I hollered to Hisoka with concern, as I prepared to fight the strange woman in front of me.
"You too~" He returned the sentiment, still dodging the mans barrage of attacks.