The Nina Project

Cassandra woke up to the walkie talkie shouting in her ear

Cassandra woke up to the walkie talkie shouting in her ear. The group had agreed to watch Max in shifts, to make sure that Vecna didn't take her whilst she slept.

Cass only got a couple hours sleep before being awakened by Eddie's demanding whispers.

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there? Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin."

"Hey, it's Cassie." The girl answered.

"Cass! Hey." His attitude seemed to change, knowing that she was on the other end. "Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery,like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

Cassie panicked, "No. No, no, no. Don't do that. Stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack?" He asked, listening to tbe silence on the end,I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

"Only if we share." She bargained with a grin

Eddie nodded, smirking to himself, "Anything for you, Cassie."

She looked to Max's designated couch, and saw it was empty, "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back."

"No, don't you da...Cassandra? Cassie?"

It was too late, cass had already jumped on Dustin, shaking him awake, "Dustin! Wake up. Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?"

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep." He rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Sorry."

"Then where is she?" She pointed to the bare couch.

Dustin panicked, "She's right there. A second ago. I swear, I just dozed off for... an hour."

The group walked into the kitchen, and immediately let out a sigh of relief, finding Max on the table drawing with Nancy's younger sister, Holly

"Morning, guys." Max greeted. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah." Cass shrugged casually, "Yeah, everything's okay." She nodded before going to sit with her. "You okay?"

Max nodded, "Just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason."