Vecna's Curse

Cass was on time for her shift the next day as it was one of the only shifts the group shared together over the week, saturday shift

Cass was on time for her shift the next day as it was one of the only shifts the group shared together over the week, saturday shift. It was everyone's least favourite, due to the store being so busy on the weekend. The only day where things couldn't go wrong.

Cass was busy stacking tapes up in the kid's section, whilst Steve was hauling the cart full around the store, putting returned tapes back where they belong. Robin was supposed to be helping, but was busy ranting about how she spoke to Vickie during the game the night prior.

"Then Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like... It was a real, genuine laugh."

Steve chuckled, "Of course. It's my Muppet joke. It's hilarious."

"Shut up, you stole that from me." Cassie scoffed at him.

"My point is that Vicki laughed and everything was just like..." Robin paused, "It was perfect."

"But?"

"But... I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my... my brain is moving faster than my mouth-"

Steve and Cass looked at each other with a grin, knowing that Robin wasn't even aware that she was rambling on and on.

 "-or... or rather my... my mouth is moving faster than my brain. I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?"

"Yeah, you are." they both nodded.

"Oh, I'm hopeless." Robin sighed, leaning against a movie poster the store had hung up.

Cass and Steve joined her, taking a break from work to have a deep talk with their friend.

"Eh. We all are." steve comforted.

She began again, "If only we could just, like, combine."

"Combine?" Cass repeated.

"No, think about it. I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams, but I can't get the courage to ask her out. Meanwhile, Steve go on a million dates. And he has no idea what he wants. And Cass-"

The girl cut her off, speaking in third person, "Cass has nobody remotely interested in her." She sighed.

"So if we just combined, all our problems would be solved. Because, I mean, alone, let's face it..."

"We totally suck." Steve finished Robin's sentence.

"Totally and utterly." Cass nodded in agreement.

Once again, Robin's mind was distracted by a VHS she saw on the shelf and she ran over to it, "Ooh, I think I found our morning movie. Doctor Zhivago!"