Chapter 22 - A Poppin' Good Time

[Word count - 806]

The next weekend...

Location - Ichigaya Residence, Basement

Your POV

For my weekend with my Poppin' Party girlfriends, Kasumi thought it would be a smart idea to have a party at Arisa's place. Arisa, of course, really didn't approve of this at all, but she got convinced by everyone, knowing that this could be the last time we'll all see each other.

And so, preparations for the party were underway. Saaya, Kasumi and I grabbed the snacks, and everyone took care of the party decorations. Kasumi ended up going overboard on the snacks, and when Arisa saw them, she had something to say.

"Did you seriously had to buy that many snacks?!" She exclaimed.

"Haha, my bad." Kasumi chuckled.

"Kasumi wanted to make sure we had plenty of snacks to get through the day." Saaya said.

"Yeah, you can't really blame me, can you?" Kasumi innocently asked.

"Well, no, but..."

Arisa paused her sentence and looked at the snacks we bought.

"Can we even eat all of this?" She asked.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Saaya said.

"Besides, if we're going to throw a party, we need to do it right." I added.

"Well, you're not wrong, but still..."

Then we heard a big POP.

"Oh I messed up again..." Rimi sighed.

"Rimi-rin, what happened?" Kasumi asked.

"She's been trying to blow balloons since you guys left." Tae explained.

"Yeah, and it's a lot harder than it looks..." Rimi added with a downcast expression.

"Don't worry, Rimi-rin, you can take a break and I'll handle it from here." Saaya said.

"Really? Thanks, Saaya-chan." Rimi smiled.

"Look, guys, I managed to finish my animal balloon." Tae said as she showed it to us, only...

"O-Tae... what is that?" Arisa asked.

"What do you mean? It's my animal balloon." She replied.

"Yeah, I get that, but..." Saaya said halfway through.

"What kind of an animal is that?" I asked.

"Oh, it's a rabbit."

"SERIOUSLY?! THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A RABBIT!!!" Arisa shouted.

"I don't know..." Kasumi pondered. "I can kind of see it."

"AND YOU BELIEVE HER?!"
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

The party was a lot of fun. I can't remember the last time I had a great time. But that might be because I've rarely been invited to parties by those who aren't my girlfriends.

During the party, we ate snacks, played a few games, and Tae played a video of Poppin' Party passing their audition for Live House Space. We had a great time until Kasumi started crying and getting emotional on us.

"Kasumi? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry, I'm crying, aren't I?" She replied as she wiped them away.

"What's going on?" Saaya asked. "Why were you crying?"

"I was just thinking... how sad it'll be when (Y/N)-kun leaves us." Kasumi explained as she did her best to not let the tears escape.

"Baka! We promise we wouldn't let it get to us!" Arisa scolded as I can see small tears in her eyes.

"But Arisa, you seem to be crying yourself." Saaya said.

"I am not, but..."

Now Saaya seems to be holding back her own tears. And it wouldn't be long until Tae and Rimi joined her.

"Girls, please don't cry." I said to them. "It won't be the end of the world." 

"But... we'll never see each other again." Kasumi said as her tears start to comeback.

This has been the same with the other girls. One by one, they would start to get upset about me leaving. But out of everyone, this seems to hit Kasumi hard the most. I don't blame her, she and I were childhood friends.

"Kasumi, please don't be sad." I told her.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"I promise it'll work out." I smiled.

"Do you promise?" She asked.

I nodded and wiped away more of her tears.

"Sorry for getting emotional on everyone." Kasumi said. "I was just worried that we'll never see (Y/N)-kun again..."

"Kasumi..."

"But now I know it'll be okay." She added. "After all, he'll come back to us one day."

"Yeah, you're right." Tae said.

"And once he comes back..." Rimi began.

"We can make up for lost time." Saaya finished.

"But make sure you come back to us safely, okay?" Arisa asked.

I let out a small laugh.

"I promise I will." I said.

They smiled at me and I smiled back.

"So, shall we get back to the party?" I asked.

They agreed and the party resumed.

To be continued

A/N: And that is that for the Poppin' Party chapter. Up next is RAS' chapter, so look forward to it.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)