Hook

Nick attempted to tenderly kiss Emma's neck.

"Stop, Nick. I don't feel like it." Emma told him. Nick looked up at her.

"What do you think I drove you all the way up here for?" He asked. The two were in Nick's car, parked at the top of a cliff that overlooked the entire town. It was around nine o'clock. Emma sighed, and looked out at the town of little shiny lights.

"To see the beautiful view." She dryly remarked. Nick groaned. He sat back and looked out in frustration. "Turn on the radio, Nick."

click

Hello, and good evening townspeople of Nightingale, New Hampshire. I'm Bob Tundra here with today's breaking news! It has been reported that criminally insane Mark Splice, known as 'Captain Hook', escaped from the Nightingale Penitentiary. Splice is very dangerous, but luckily, easy to spot out. Arrested on the charges of twenty separate murders and-

"C'mon, baby! This is boring! We've got better things to do!" Nick cooed, turning down the radio and pecking at Emma's neck.

"Hey!" Emma yelled as she pushed him off of her. "Lay off, scumbag!"

"Oh, but baby I'm crazy... about you!" He joked.

"Make one more uncalled for move on me and I'll break your fingers off."

"Fine, Jesus." He said, turning the radio back up.

-repeat, Splice has a hook in place of his right hand. He also has short brown hair and green eyes, and he is hostile. If you spot him, please lock your doors and call the police immediately.

click

Emma sighed. "This is ridiculous."

"What is?"

"The one night I actually go all the way out here on some cliff with a boy, there's a murderer on the loose. This is really something else."

"Will you calm down? What are the odds that this murderer would travel all the way up this cliff just to find us here? Honestly!" Nick asked. Emma moved her gaze from the town landscape to Nick's eyes.

"Okay. Make your move, hun." She said. Nick smiled and went at her neck for the third time.

Fifteen minutes in, Emma saw a reflection of someone approaching the car. She pushed Nick off of her and began to yell.

"Nick, we have to go now, start the car."

"What?" Nick asked.

"Listen to me, you idiot, we have to leave now!" Nick nervously revved up the engine and backed the car onto the pathway. As they drove away from the cliff, Emma anxiously looked around for whomever she saw, but there was no moonlight to identify the figure anymore.

Once Nick pulled into the driveway of Emma's house, he gave her a disappointed look. Emma grabbed her bag from under her seat and made brief eye contact with him. "Thanks." She said. She grabbed her bag and got out of the car, making sure to look at the exterior of the door. No hooks or scratch marks. Maybe she wasn't trapped in the middle of her own horror story after all.

Upon opening the front door, Emma saw her dad standing by the staircase as if he had been waiting there for her to get home.

"Emma, how was your date?" He timidly asked.

"No better than any of the others." She muttered, walking past him up the stairs.

"Come on, anything else? I wanna hear about your day!"