~ Chapter Thirty One ~

Start from the beginning

The smile that I wore on my face, suddenly faded. I lowered my head to the ground and nodded. I could hear my mom sigh sadly, knowing how much this affected me at the moment. There was a few seconds of deafening silence shared between the three of us before Keigo made a realization.

"Wait, you said we were having a dinner with Endeavor? Mom, we have to go!" He exclaimed, the fanboy in him peeking through.

"Keigo, I already explained this to your brother, I can't-"

"But the thing is you can! If you give actual proof that Endeavor invited you to dinner, they'd have to be absolute assholes to turn your request down!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face.

My face suddenly lit up again as I listened to Kei's reasoning, and I looked back up to my mom with hope in my eyes, "Yeah, that would totally work!" I cheered, jumping up and down in excitement.

Mom just looked back and forth between the two of us with a conflicted stare, the floating eyes twitching rapidly showing her confusion, "I don't know boys..."

"Come on mom, he's right over there! Just call the office and have Endeavor talk to them!" I pleaded, pointing over to Endeavor.

"Wait he is?" Keigo asked, looking like he was about to faint from shock, "Holy shit he's right there!" He squeaked in a fanboy tone.

She nervously tore her gaze away from me and looked over to Endeavor, "F-fine, but you two have to promise that you'll be on your best behavior tonight! No fighting, no teasing, know your place, and listen to Endeavor at all times!" She demanded, pointing at us.

Our smiles grew and we nodded so fast that we thought out heads might fall off, "Yes ma'am!" We agreed simultaneously.

She huffed in satisfaction and marched over to Endeavor with a look of determination engraved in her face, the eyes staying in a closer proximity to us as if to keep a watch on us.

As they were talking , Keigo walked over to me an grabbed my shoulder, "So how did you manage to score us a dinner with our favorite hero, dude? I mean you're you! What could you have possibly done?" He asked in an almost sarcastic manner.

I glared at him, "I saved his daughter from falling to her death, thank you very much!" I exclaimed turning away from him with my nose in the air.

I could sense the shock radiating off of him as he stood back up, "Was not expecting that from someone as timid as you..."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, I followed her outside the hospital because she was crying, and I comforted her. Then I offered to take her flying, she fainted and fell out of the sky, and I caught her. It's not like she was falling and I just happened to be walking down the street." I explained.

He patted my shoulder, "Well you saved her, that's the point. You shouldn't play that down, Marlo." He stated with a smirk.

I shyly nodded, a slight blush formed on my face, "Yeah, thanks..."

"And what did you think of this girl, by the way? Was she cute?" He slyly asked, bending down to whisper in my ear.

I tensed up, and my feathers spiked out and got a ruffled. I could feel the heat that coated my face as I held my cheeks with my hands, "I-it's not that way at all! I-I just saved her, nothing else happened!" I stated, all flustered about how sudden the question was.

He hummed, "Right, nothing else happened, I totally believe that load of bullshit." He explained.

I was hiding my face in my hands at this point, "S-shut up! S-so what if she was cute? I-it's not like she'd ever think that I'm cute!" I complained, my words muffled by my hands.