Chapter 13: Telling The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's me." (Y/n) replied.

"Can you give me the shampoo on the table?"

"Sure."

The male kansen took the shampoo bottle, went to the bathroom door, and knocked.

Missouri slightly opened the door and stuck out her hand. (Y/n) handed the shampoo and went back to cleaning his blade.

While doing so, his mind drifted back to his conversation with Alterprise back at Farbanti Island for a brief moment.

He sighed and shook his head. He's already expecting the Iowa-class to ask him on what happened during his 'reconnaissance' mission, and making sure that he's not missing any detail.

But how would they react? That's one of the top ten questions scientists can't answer.

"(Y/n)!" Missouri yelled.

"Ah!" (Y/n) threw his blade in the air after getting roughly snapped out of his daydreaming. He quickly catched it and held it tightly.

"What's wrong?" Missouri asked.

"Nothing."

"Really?"

"I'm just thinking that each time you light your lighter, your lighter gets lighter until your lighter gets so light it won't light." (Y/n) lied, and surprisingly well.

"...(Y/n), I think Wisconsin's 'food' did something to you. You might want to go to the infirmary." Missouri suggested after hearing the language of the gods. "Who the fuck starts a conversation like that? I just got out of the bathroom. I think a part of my brain popped..."

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much." (Y/n) said, then felt that something is coming. "O...kay... There it is."

"What is?"

"Three... Two... One..."

*SLAM*

"HOOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEEEY~!!" New Jersey shouted in a joyful manner, completely ignoring the door that she just broke for the twentieth time.

"Stop breaking the damn door!" Missouri screeched in anger, but the bunny battleship ignored her.

New Jersey ran to the male kansen, who immediately unsummoned his blade and braced for impact.

The blue-haired shipgirl jumped onto him. (Y/n) managed to catch her with minimal effort.

New Jersey then began rubbing her head against his chest, while (Y/n) just waited for her to finish. He's used to it, and for him it was adorable.

"I'm glad you're safe, honey!" New Jersey said.

(Y/n) hummed and just gave her a headpat as usual.

"So..." New Jersey broke the hug, gripped his shoulders, then gave him a yandere glare. "Did you meet up with another woman while you're on your 'reconnaissance' mission?"

"...It was just a normal recon mission, that's all." (Y/n) said.

"Calm down, New Jersey." Missouri stopped her. "He's telling the truth."

New Jersey's usual demeanor came back in a flash. "Okay, since Missouri confirmed it, I believe you, honey. Anyways, I'll go shop for a bit. I'll be back~"

New Jersey got off from (Y/n) and went out of the room. After making sure that the blue-haired kansen wouldn't listen on the door, Missouri closed the door and locked it.

"So, what exactly is the truth?" Missouri demanded.

(Y/n) sighed. "I really can't hide something from you, could I?"

"I'm your wife." Was her simple response. "So tell me what really happened."

"I met Alterprise on Farbanti after High Command assigned me to gather intel from her." (Y/n) began. "She sent the message. For me specifically. I'm sure she knows that High Command ordered me to do so."

"And then?"

"Of course she's from an alternate timeline – hence her name. Also, don't get angry from this, but she told me that we had a daughter."

Missouri was surprised to hear that, but she let the male continue. She then learned that Alterprise's daughter, Eliza, died in her timeline, and everything else that had transpired.

"I see." Missouri took all the information without overreacting. "Are you gonna tell my other sisters?"

"..." (Y/n) was silent for a moment. "I don't know if I should tell them."

"I understand. Just make sure that you-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

"Good."

---

In the Mirror Seas, Alterprise stood before the fleet she destroyed. Her cold, uncaring eyes stared at the fleet, the smell of burning Siren ships and humanoids filled her nose, and the heat of the flames tickled her skin.

"Ash." Another member of the ashes, Ember, went beside Alterprise.

"Ember." Alterprise uttered.

"Did you meet him?"

"Yes."

"Are you satisfied?"

"For now." Alterprise said.

"Ash, be careful. You're taking the highway to the danger zone." Ember warned.

"I know." Alterprise declared.

"Are you ready to take the consequences?"

"Yes."

"You know what will happen if you... wait, WE would betray them, right?"

"I don't need them anymore. I already found him. They can go die for all I care. If you stand in my way, I will not hesitate to take you on."

"Don't worry, I won't. And besides, many more things would come. It's not over yet." Ember said. "Trust me."

Alterprise smiled. "I always have."

---

Word Count: 1423 Words

---

Okay, so my senior high school life had officially begun, so expect some very late updates because I would be busy especially since I was elected as the president of the class (I'm actually suffering from success because of this).

As you have noticed, the quality of each chapter is getting more and more shit because I couldn't focus on writing chapters. I have problems in my life that I need to take care of.

I hope you readers would understand. Thank you very much for the outmost support. I appreciate it.

Good day and stay safe. Godspeed.