When Theodore raised his head in the strange air and looked around, Armin was looking at him with a very bewildered expression.

This made him feel even worse.

"What's wrong with your eyes? Have you never seen a sick person?"

"...I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I'm just surprised."

Armin hurriedly bowed his head and apologized to the fierce eyes that seemed to take his eyeballs out if he continued looking.

"...?"

Then Theodore wrinkled his forehead as if he didn't understand, and looked at Armin.

Armin quickly responded to the fierce momentum he felt even though he had his head bowed.

"When I heard Your Majesty's abusive language, I felt nostalgic, so I made a mistake. Because you only used kind words...."

"...?"

The wrinkles on Theodore's forehead grew even deeper. It was when he turned his head involuntarily, thinking he was hearing a nonsensical dog barking.

"Snow....."

Theodore's eyes widened slightly as he looked out the window for a moment.

"You fell off the horse. Fortunately, there are no major injuries other than the head wound, but if you have any discomfort..... ."

"Armin Meyer."

Theodore interrupted Armin's explanation and asked in an unbelievable voice.

"Why is it snowing this season?"

Then it was Armin who was bewildered. He seriously wondered if the emperor was tormenting him with another embarrassing question.

The emperor had been strangely docile since last summer, but he had a hobby of tormenting his subordinates with odd questions.

"Of course, it's this season, so it's snowing..."

Armin answered very carefully so as not to offend Theodore as much as possible. He had served the emperor the longest along with the commander of the Order, Lyndon.

In other words, he was a person who knew better than anyone how to survive while pleasing a boss with an ugly personality.

But Theodore's face became noticeably harsher.

"Are you joking around with me now?"

"Ha, Your Majesty...... ?"

Armin pretended to be afraid on the outside, but on the inside he thought, 'Ah, this b*stard is starting again.'

He sighed and swallowed the sorrow.

"I don't know what you mean...... "

"It's snowing in the middle of summer? Is that normal?"

"What? Midsummer? Now it's winter......"

Armin blurred his words, not knowing whether this was to torment him or if the emperor really thought it was summer.

Then Theodore suddenly asked fiercely if he felt that Armin was different from usual.

"It's winter now?"

Then he looked around his bedroom.

Thick carpets on the floor and thick curtains on the windows. And the thick bedding on the bed he was sitting on now, no matter how many times he looked at it, was used in winter.