"Are you uncomfortable with me doing this?"

Theodore asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I waved my hands because I felt apologetic for seeing him drooping like a puppy who had been deprived of a precious treat.

"No! It's not like that..... "

Then his eyes bent again.

"That's a relief."

His smiling eyes were so pretty that I just stared at him and didn't even get an answer from him until the carriage arrived at the destination.

****

Upon arriving at the Imperial Palace, Theodore headed straight to the office.

"I will entrust Yves Llewellyn as my personal knight."

Sir Lyndon, the Emperor's chief escort knight, held up a piece of paper that Theodore had scribbled.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

As I followed Lyndon outside, the knights standing in the hallway rushed to me.

"Yves Llewellyn?"

"Did you really become His Majesty's personal knight?"

"Did you say that you haven't even been appointed as a knight yet?"

I was worried that I, who had not been properly appointed, would make them feel bad about taking the position.

"Ah, I..."

"Thank you, Sir Yves! You saved us!"

"What? What?"

But contrary to my worries, they were very happy.

"Let's have a celebration party today."

"Sir Yves, you must attend."

As I was perplexed by the friendly atmosphere, Lyndon explained to me.

"We all sincerely welcome your arrival. His Majesty's personality...... Well, he's a bit mean, so no one wanted to be his personal knight."

Theodore is mean? The sweet and kind boy?

"Rough is actually his gentle expression."

"Honestly, it's more than rough..."

"Watch your words."

Lyndon coughed as he cut the other knight's frivolous profanity.

"Anyway, Sir Yves, don't be fooled by His Majesty."

"...... ?"

As I tilted my head, the giant quiet knight, who had not said anything the whole time, added a word.

"I don't know why, but I think he'll torment you more."

"...?"

At the same time, all over the place, pitiful eyes were focused on me.

"When you got on the carriage earlier...I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

"Were you really scared? His Majesty's face.... ... "

'Was I scared?'

Theodore was smiling the whole time.

"You have to be the most careful when he smiles like that, Sir Yves."