Chapter 1: Ring of Frost

Laughter and cheers shouted from the audience even being heard through Aro's sound proof earbuds. It was that time of month again, where the overseer of here sent in the murders and killers found through out Phole Sol and Lun. Twister always sent them to the Ring of Frost as it entertained the creatures living here. Aro had no fun, they just sat and watched.
They deeply wished they could be in the ring, fighting. Never really worked though, Twister didn't risk it, even when Aro was trillions of years older than him.
Aro sighed and closed their eyes, just listening to the fights, taking out their earbuds, and proceeding to mark their steps in her head. They could listen and feel where the people in the ring were and how they died, wether it being trample, crushed, smashed, or an internal cause of death.
What was that? Aro stood at the sound, putting their ear buds back in, their yellow eyes glowed a little brighter as they focused on where the sound came from.
"What is it?" Twister asked looking up at Aro, his head turning upside down into a sad face. "That." Aro pointed towards a mechanical griffin silently watching from a cliff on the top of a mountain, over looking the ring. It looked downwards toward a little Drafic child.
"Leave it alone."
"What"
"Just do it"
Aro ran off the balcony and towards the Drafic child. "Hello!" The child looked upwards at Aro, "Hey, kid, where's your parents?" The child pointed towards a pair of female Drafic. Aro looked back down at the kid and quietly said "Okay, now go back to them, they might get worried." Aros voice became more stern, the child nodded, and proceeded to head towards the pair.
Aro stood back up, not realizing they were even crouching. Aro walked back towards the balcony, they felt the mechanical menace staring at them, making Aro start to worry. The clack of their toes was unbelievably loud, they were surprised nobody heard. Aro's scaled feet hit the rock with a loud 'patter' three times every step from their three toes, and their purple fur kept them warm during the coldest months, which is what it was right now.
Aro decided to not go to the balcony and instead just go to the library. They put their earbuds back in and just walked.

—————————————-
398 words
Don't expect much from this book, not much to expect anyways.