5.

Toni

Toni

"Is that all for today?" I asked the lady infront of me. I worked in this store for a while now. I basically had great relationships with all the customers. "Yea girl, unless you see something else I should get.."

Smiling I shook my head. "No Louise, I don't see anything else." We both started laughing. Just as I rang her stuff up I heard the bell on the store door ring.

"Oh my gosh." I said looking at who it was. "What?" One of the girls asked. "oh. My. Gosh." "Girl what." Holding my face I spoke. "She's in the store." Smiling they ooed. "The girl you just met?"

"Yesssss. She's in the store." "Where? Where?" Jane asked. I shh'd her. " Don't say it so loud she'll hear you." I said peeping. "Girl she is so fine." Marisa said. "I so hate you right now."

I chuckled still peeping. "Don't just stand there giggling T, go talk to her. You know she ain't came in here to buy no heels." Shaking my head I slipped from behind the counter.

I walked over coming face to face with Gen. "Wassuh T." "Hey, what are you doing here." I said smiling. I couldn't stop. "I was gone say, I was in the neighborhood but that's a lie. I came to see you."

I started laughing. "Mhm I'm glad you're not in the habit of lying. Especially to me." We started walking around the store. When we passed the counter. I could hear the girls laughing.

"What y'all do in hea?" I rolled my eyes smiling. "Well, we basically sell clothes and shoes. Heels, sneakers all sorts of things."
She nodded. "So it's like an everything store?"

"You could say that." We made it over to the CD's and records in the store. "This on some church shit?" I gave her a look. "My bad my bad." "Yes it is, these are gospel based."

Gen picked one up and flipped it over. "This nigga right here look like a real rapper" I kissed my teeth making her look at me. "He is a real rapper Gen, he just raps about the lord."

"All I'm sayin is he look like a real rapper. Dassit." "So that means Gospel rappers are supposed to look a specific way?" Raising her eyebrows she spoke. "Hell yea, but what I'm saying is he look like a gangster."

"Whatever Gen, you don't listen to gospel music?" I asked taking it out of her hands. "Nah. I mean my moms used to play gospel stuff sometimes. But other than that nah."

"You Gon let me put you on?" She looked surprised to hear me talk like that. Hey I'm not no stuck up prude. "Put me on huh, interesting. Let's see what chu got."

We made our way back to the counter and I rang up some CDs for her. "You actually have to listen to these gen." "Imma listen Tone." Squinting at her I spoke again. "I'm serious."