"woowwww" echoed from many sides 

the man seemed to notice her confusion and held her shoulders and made her sit on the cushion . li xing nearly made a small 'oh' as she bounced a second as she sat as if she lost her entire weight . the man chuckled before handing her water . 

li xing looked at the man weirdly before looking at the transparent cup looking thing before accepting it . when she drank the water , she realized , the taste of the water did not match the sweet taste of the river in the caiyi town . 

the man took a while looking at her and finally asked her to follow him to another room . li xing did not say anything , that man looked really harmless . if he were to have ulterior motives , she can simply summon her sword from her quaikun pouch and stab him to death , not like she could punch him to death herself . it was a bedroom

jin zixuan liked her confidence personally . 

the man asked her to lie on the bed and threw a blanket over her and kept a open glass full of water and closed it with a small lid . li xing loved the softness of the bed and the blanket . 

"sleep , lets talk tomorrow "the man said softly before wishing a good night . 

li xing was confused , out of many people , it seemed only one cares for people like her . but after walking for a while and crying a lot , exhaustion took place and she finally slept , comfortably . 

the next day , after she woke up , the first thing she did was to open up everything in that room . there were many girl dresses of her age , even the size seemed to fit her at a first look , but all these dresses were tops and pants . she opened the other cupboard and saw long frocks , short frocks or varying colors and beautiful designs , but most of them were torn at the shoulders or no shoulders , how would one wear it ?

[ AN : WHO LOVES OFFSHOULDER CLOTHES? (me!) ]

then she opened up many drawers and saw plate with colors [makeup pallets] , and many things . then she finally looked at the bed and saw some pink huge thing on the corner of the bed which looked like a bear . it was soft and she nearly squealed when the door opened up revealing the man .

"so adorable" yanli [post war] said making li xing blush 

the man simply chuckled as he let li xing approach him . "lets have breakfast " he motioned her to follow him . the food was vegan for her liking . 

after eating , li xing asked "why do you care for me ?" seriously , the man looked surprised before sighing ,"dear , would you let me be your father , since you have no one ?" his voice was pleading .

li xing had no choice , she needed to know more about this world . so she agreed . 

soon the other day , she met a woman who her father introduced as her butler , but she preferred if she could be friends with the lady who smiled at her . 

with the help of the lady , it took 2 years for her to guess things about modern world she preferred to wear dresses which does not show her skin out . she was able to use electronic gadgets in the 3rd year efficiently . she loved the butler lady and her adoptive father who took care of her nicely . 

it took another year for her to speak english . seriously learning a new language was very difficult . she found it very difficult to hold a pen and write it , different colors confused her a lot . 

one day her adoptive father asked her a question he wanted to ask her for a long time . 

"li xing dear , can you tell me , you said caiyi town many times right ? can i see it ?"