16. Don't Change Yourself

AAKANKSHA:

Karthik entered the room as Siri finished speaking.

"Okay guys. I will get going then." Siri said getting up.

"What leaving already?" He asked surprised.

"Yea have some work. Bye" saying she walked out.

"What did she say?" Karthik asked looking at me.

A: "It's nothing. Umm Karthik. Can I get a day off?"

K: "What now? Why?"

A: "Yea. I need to go for my eye checkup. It's just a regular check up."

K: "Oh okay. But I will come with you. Please don't say no and don't ask any questions."

Okayyy.

I just followed him getting curious of his behaviour.

We reached the hospital that I regularly go.

"How do you know I come to this hospital?" I asked surprised.

"You come to this one?! I don't know that." He is also surprised.

Without stopping at the reception he walked straight to the elevator.

"Umm Karthik don't we have to take an appointment?" I asked keeping up with his pace.

"I told you not to ask questions. Now follow me." He said entering the ophthalmology department.

"Hi sir. How are you.!" A nurse there asked surprised.

"Is Dr.Harsha there?" He asked ignoring the pleasantries. Rude much.

"Yes sir. Please wait. I will go and inform him." Saying she went inside.

"What's happening here Karthik?" I asked clearly bewildered with how the staff are treating him.

Just then the nurse called us in.

"Hey Karthik.. what a pleasant surprise.! How are you?" The dr asked as soon as he noticed us.

He is the same doctor that treated me and having my regular check-ups with.

"Am good. She is Aakanksha. Can you have a look at her eyes?" He said gesturing to me.

"Yea I know her. I was the one that treated her. Aren't you due for your check up Aakanksha? Come have your seat." Saying he gestured me towards the raised chair.

After sometime the doctor spoke "Everything looks good. But I already suggested you this and am telling you again, Your eyes are sensitive for the radiation. It's better to use glasses while working infront of the system." Doctor said after examining my eyes.
Saying an ok we exited the room.

"You still haven't answered my question Karthik. How do they all know you?" I asked turning to him in my seat.

Sighing he stopped the car to the side of the road.

Facing me he spoke "I am the major shareholder and silent partner of that hospital. After knowing about your eye problem during our college days, I wanted to do something for you. I wanted to make it easy on you in one way or the other. After taking over my father's company, I started investing in this hospital. Believe me when I said that I was never disgusted by you. May be I started loving you then but didn't realise at that time. I love you Aakanksha. Trust me."

Shocked.

I was shocked listening to him.

I jumped onto him and hugged him so tight.