fifteen

Hope wakes up earlier than usual.  And with an unusual smile for her.  Happy smile.  But she feels a strange need for something.  Getting out of bed, she heads to the bathroom.  After taking a quick shower, she goes downstairs.  Opening the refrigerator, she shuts it abruptly.  The blood bags are gone.  But still, the need was not for blood.  She can do without blood for about two or three days, until she bites into the throat of some student right in an economics lesson.  And Stiles will see it.  Disappointed in her.  Will break their very strange friendship.  Hope doesn't really want to ruin it.

Dressed, she leaves the house and blinks in surprise, not seeing her car.  She looks around, at first thinking that she parked the car in another place.  But she is not.  Yesterday's memories are slowly restored, and Hope remembers that the car is in the school parking lot.  With a pained groan, Hope straightened her backpack and walked towards the school.

A few minutes later, she hears the sound of a car behind her.  Turning her head, she notices Stilinski's car.

  "Where is your car?"

Stiles stops next to Hope and opens the window.

"At the school," she shrugs.

"You wanna ride?"  Stiles chuckles, smiling.

***

Hope barely hides her smile at school.  And no one, absolutely no one, can understand why this smile.  Even herself.

"What will you do for Christmas?"  she hears from Stiles, who is sitting in the dining room with his friends.

She hears different options for friends, and she herself thinks what she will do.  After all, the family is in New Orleans, and she is alone in Beacon Hills.  But she doesn't hear what Stiles himself will do.  Later, she overhears Stiles only telling Scott about his father being on night duty and having no one to spend Christmas with, so Scott offers to spend Christmas with him and his mother.  Hope also has no one to spend Christmas with.  She's alone in Beacon Hills.  The rest are in New Orleans.  And she does not think that the enemies will take pity on them and will not attack at Christmas.  This would be the perfect opportunity to kill Hope.

After the lessons, she goes to her car and, already about to leave, she feels the vibration of the phone and takes it out:

Kol
Hiya, it's me your favourite uncle!  And you should be in our country house tomorrow.  Christmas, anyway.

She comes home quickly.  And quickly goes to the second floor.  He even seems to forget his backpack in the car.  An hour later, she collects a small suitcase, which contains everything she needs.  Leaving the house, she puts her suitcase in the trunk and gets into the car herself.  Before leaving, she stops by the hospital.

The need still persists.

***

At about six in the morning she arrives home.  Near the house is a black car of his father.  She smiles involuntarily.  Listening, she hears nothing.  Apparently, Freya has already managed to conjure.  When she arrives at the house, she parks next to her father's car and gets out of the car.  And he hears a native importunate voice:

"Someone learned how to park a car?"

Grinning, Hope slowly turns and walks towards Kol.  Kol hugs her.

"And how is the life of a teenager?"  Kol asks as he walks into the house.

"I do not even know."  Hope says drawlingly, “Looks like she won the lacrosse match.

"When did you become an athlete?"  Kol was surprised.

Hope was silent.  She quickly ran into the house, where she met Klaus, who was looking at the photos on the closet.  Apparently, they also arrived recently.  Klaus, seeing his daughter, approached her and hugged her.  Hope smiled.

"Family Reunion!"  Kol called out in mock joy as he ran towards Klaus and Hope.

"Where are Rebecca, Elijah and Freya?"  Hope asked, looking at her father.

"Rebecca and Elijah in the backyard," Klaus smiled as he followed his daughter.

Hope runs out into the backyard and sees Rebecca, as always disgruntled, building a fire.  And next to Elijah, who clearly does not intend to help his sister.  Seeing their niece, they were clearly inspired.  Rebecca ran up to her and hugged her tightly.  Unlike Rebecca, Elijah approached his niece with a smile on his face and hugged her.

"Why do we need a fire?"  Hope asked.

"Family tradition," Klaus muttered displeasedly.

"Let's make a wish?"  smiled Rebecca.

"We're at the very top of the list of bad kids."  Hope cheerfully remarked, "Don't expect presents from Santa Claus."

"But! we have the usual Klaus!"  Kol patted Klaus on the shoulder cheerfully.