Chapter 2- A Birthday to Remember

Începe de la început

In the third year she offered to train me and Regulus under the promise to sign up to the ministry as soon as we leave school.

She understood why we couldn't sign up now with how our parents are.

And now the rest is history.

Regulus animagus is a crow that Professor McGonagall says is rare.

Regulus starts pecking the table at my spacing out to regain my attention and I give him an apologizing smile as I do a little spell with my wand to help with my transformation. It's not perfect but I change getting smaller and smaller when I transform into my own.

I already know Regulus is grinning at my forum when he nods a goodbye before flying out of the window.

I watch in awe that he can get to fly like that without a broom.

If I had wings I think I would fly away and never come back.

I begin to stretch my paws out in front of me shaking my black fur as I mewl before jumping up and opening the door quickly looking into the mirror on the other side of the room.

My purple eyes stare back at me standing out in my black coat I pout at my still small size I still remember my reaction the first time after transforming.

"So I'm a kitten?" I ask confused disappointed even "not even a cat but a kitten?"

Is it because of how little magic I have that I can't even get the cat?

"Your not cat or kitten you just have so much growing to do yet" Professor says using her magic to mark through hundreds of term papers "so much growing? So as I age ill turn into a cat?" I ask and she looks up at me her glasses hanging on the middle of her nose as she does "your not listening Iris I said you are not a cat you are at a baby stage of your animagus" she tries to explain.

"Because I'm not strong enough?"

"If you weren't strong enough you would never have been able to get your animagus dear" she says getting up "your animagus will grow with your confidence my dear you'll see"

___________________

I tippy tap around the stone paths no one was around in the castle yet or less they were teachers but most think I am a stray or a pet of one of the students.

I jump making sure not to step on any of the cracks in the pavement not wanting to die.

Am I the only one who does this?

Like you can't help but challenge yourself believing if you don't complete the challenge some invisible force would take you away?

Like if you don't make it upstairs within 10 seconds of turning the light something will grab you?

I tippy tap around the corner but my hair stands up as I see Dumbledore with his back to me as I see Professor McGonagall whispering in what looked to be a heated argument "they are just children I know you think this idea of an order will-" she stops when she spots me and sighs.

"I must meet with Slughorn for the next patrol as I am late" she says going to walk off "this is important the sooner we help in the war the better I know they are children but-" Dumbledore goes to argue but Proffesor McGongall cuts him off walking towards my way ignoring Dumbledore.

"I do hope no one is sneaking out right now. It would be a shame for a student to get detention especially if it was there birthday" she whispers looking at me making me scurry off around the hall until I get back to my room.