Chapter 2- A Birthday to Remember

Warnings: Mentions of SA ( * this simple will say when it starts and ends)

________________________________

"Happy birthday sleepyhead" Regulus says waking me up and I smile tiredly looking up at him "what time is it?" I ask yawning it was still dark outside but I could see it was becoming light.

"It's 6 am we should head back before the teachers begin the next patrol " he says and I nod "sorry for falling asleep" I yawn again and he smiles "I did too now come on let me get up" he says gently pushing me off and I laugh dramatically falling onto the dusty wooden floor.

I watch him get up amused by my behavior as he offers out a hand.

As I take it my sleeve rolls up my arm making his eyes instantly search my right wrist and I follow.

Soulmate marks will always appear on the wrist of the hand you cast spells with.

"I told you they are rare now anyway" I shrug pulling myself up forcing a smile trying to hide the sadness of not seeing a soulmates mark "plus I'm a mud blood as mama puts it I don't deserve soulmates they say we are the reasons for soulmates disappearing right?"

Even if I did have them they would reject me on the spot.

No one would want a dirty mudblood.

"Hey" Regulus says grabbing my shoulders "what did I say?" he asks angrily hating whenever I call myself that "Reg" I say sadly and he sighs pulling me to his arms "don't ever talk about yourself like that remember the promise I made to you?" he asks pulling me back and looking down at me.

"That if I brought ice cream to every meet up you would always read me a story?" I ask and he grins "not that one" he chuckles.

"As soon as we leave this school I'm kidnapping you away from that manor okay? We will both leave those people behind and then if we don't meet anyone by the time we are 30 we will marry each other" he says seriously that I can't help but smile at that.

"Reg you're not even 16 yet you may get your mark at the end of this year" I remind him but he shakes his head before wiping the invisible dust off his trousers which is something he does when he doesn't want to speak about something.

"You ready to head back?" he asks and I nod pulling out my wand feeling sad that I won't get to see him again for another week "happy birthday little purple" he says pecking my forehead before stepping back and starting the change.

I watch him as he changes a lot smoother than I can ever do, he never having problems when changing into his animagus.

"Lucky" I mumble watching him as he looks back at me waiting so I nod stroking his head first before opening the window in the tower but he looks at me expectantly always making sure my change goes smoothly before leaving.

I failed 16 times while learning having to go back to the beginning every time.

The worst part for me was during the training you need to be able to hide a leaf under your tongue for 4 weeks but I swallowed it at least 8 times.

Being able to change into your animagus is extremely difficult. It has taken me till last year to finally grasp it and even then it's not perfect and I still need to hold my wand for the change unlike Regulus who can do it with no problems.

Regulus got it in the fourth year like always he beat me at everything but neither of us would have been able to learn it without Professor McGonagall's help.

She caught us so many times trying to sneak out understanding our predicament of having to hide our friendship. At first Regulus didn't trust her but one day when I had a panic attack in the second year after a prefect tried forcing me to the lunch hall she had become someone I trusted very much.