Every movement hurt him.

Sitting up felt like his flesh was being torn apart again only to be stitched back together. He could even feel the blood gush slightly from his wound and his back muscles protesting crankily.

But the urge to quench his thirst was stronger and Jeongjo wasted no time in gulping down the water as he felt large mouthfuls of water run down his drying throat.

Relief.

He finally found relief.

But with relief came another hurdle that he had to navigate out of. This time, he wasn't sure if he would make it out alive.

It was becoming clear that he had become a stowaway on a pirate ship, and if his gut feeling was right, this wasn't just any pirate ship.

The whole situation was mired.

Jeongjo knew he had to be careful because the risk of anyone on this ship finding out his true identity was too high of a price to bear.

Meanwhile, Yeo Wol remained none the wiser to the man's thoughts as she observed his physique silently. Not one to shy away from anything, the Captain didn't even avert her eyes as most people would, when their eyes met across the tight space they were in.

She was bold, he could see it in her eyes.

He was cautious, she could see it in his.

Yet, they were shocked to see the hidden turmoil in the other's eyes once again, for it wasn't often that you would meet someone who could share your pain.

Nor do you usually meet someone who could understand every thread of pain in your heart that easily.

But of course, neither of them chose to comment on what they saw, for their position did not allow them to do so.

Nor were their hearts open to letting anyone else in but themselves.

"Tell me your name." Yeo Wol asked in a rather clipped manner, although her speech embodied the grace and power of her status.

"That isn't information I share freely with anyone." Jeongjo rasped between the small bouts of uncontrollable coughing.

"What were you doing at Sakura village? In a bush, no less. You've suffered a grievous wound. Who did that to you?" Yeo Wol began her rapid line of questioning.

"We were attacked. They came out of nowhere." Jeongjo phrased vaguely.

"Who's we?" Yeo Wol narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Jeongjo.

"My...friends. I don't know where they are if you're wondering. As you can see, I'm here and they are..." Jeongjo gestured around him to prove his point.

"So you were attacked? Just like that?" Yeo Wol confirmed.

"I presume we were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time." Jeongjo attempted to shrug his shoulders, only to tremble when he felt the ache in his muscles intensify.

"Why do I find that so hard to believe?" Yeo Wol wondered aloud, her eyes cold as she ignored the man's trembling.

"We all choose what we want to believe even when the truth is right in front of our face." Jeongjo reasoned hoarsely, much to Yeo Wol's frustrations.

Let's face it, she was already frustrated enough that the man was being so secretive about his name. A part of her also suspected that the man before her held a certain status in their world, for the way he spoke held an air of regality and intellect far beyond an average person.