ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟟

Daphne's POV

When we arrived, they took Bella to the E.R. Once I sat on the stretcher. The double doors burst open as charlie runs in, face white with terror.  He spots me sitting with Bella, the er doctor looking into her eyes with a pen light. On the next gurney over, Tyler, the van's driver, lay with a mild head wound. Charlie rushed up. " bells. Are you alright?" he asked Bella " Daphne?" "I'm fine I wasn't in the accident, only Bella," I said to Charlie, now looking at Bella again. "I'm fine, dad" she replied "I'm so sorry, Bella. I tried to stop," Tyler told her "it's okay, Tyler," Bella answered.  " you're forgiven Tyler," I added, smiling at Tyler. " It sure as hell is not okay," Charlie shot back, " Dad, it's not his fault-," Bella started to say " we nearly lost you," Charlie sighed. " But you didn't," Bella said back, Charlie looked at her, and hugged her " head, dad" Bella whined. They are so cute, they're father-daughter bond is adorable.

Charlie glared at Tyler." you can kiss your license goodbye, ''Charlie scolded him. "I heard the chief's daughter was here," someone said. We looked up as Dr. Carlisle Cullen approached, he must be Jasper's father. For reasons. His face was kind but pale, tired. " good. Dr. Cullen, ''Charlie sighed. "I've got this one, Jackie," Dr. Cullen said as the ER doctor handed Dr. Cullen the chart and exited. Dr. Cullen reviewed Bella's chart, then felt the back of her head. " You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-rays show no indication of concussion," he told Bella. "I'm so sorry, Bella I'm really-," Tyler began to say, Charlie abruptly pulled the curtain between us. " It would have been a lot worse if Edward hadn't knocked me out of the way," Bella added. " Edward? Your boy?" Charlie asked Carlisle. He quickly looked back at the chart, Bella knew he knew something so she pressed. " It was amazing he got to me so fast, he was nowhere near me," Bella explained.

I could see Carlisle trying to calm down a little before replying " as long as you're safe." he smiled " ok Bella, you may leave as soon as your dad checks you out," he says leaving. We exited the treatment area. "I just have to sign some paperwork. You better call your mom, ''Charlie told Bella, '' she puts on a shocked yet mad face " you told her?! She's probably freaking," Bella exclaimed. Charlie shrugged and hurried off. Bella shook her head and pulled out her cell phone. I left her to call her mom. I walk down the hall to see Rosalie, Edward, and Carlisle. Rosalie was furious at Edward who stood his ground. Carlisle plays an intermediary. " This isn't just about you, it's about all of us, even Daphne's family" Rosalie argued as I walked up. I hugged Rose before turning to Edward. " Edward, as much as I'm thankful that you saved her, Rose is right," I say, Edward, looking at me shocked. " she mostly will hind out sooner, she is already suspicious about our eyes, I told her that my family, we wear contacts but, this just gives her more stuff about us," I say,

Rose goes to say something then Carlisle stops her as he sees Bella. " Let's take this to my office," he asked. Rosalie glared at Edward as she hugs me goodbye and goes off with Carlisle who smiles at me. Edward looks at me, adopting a nonchalant air as Bella approaches, determined. I stay where I was, listening to them, Bella isn't letting this go and won't. When it was finished Edward walked away, and gave me a small smile. It will be okay, I think, telling Edward as I walk up to Bella and Charlie to take us home. 

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

Two weeks have gone by since the accident. Bella's head was doing fine as she drove us to school. I started riding with her after the accident, I just wanted to make sure she was safe. As we stood in the exact spot of the accident, I looked around for Jasper. We have been hanging out a lot for the past two weeks. He's like my best friend, besides rose. Behind us on the lawn, several classes congregate, gathering for a field trip. Mr. Molina was in charge. " make sure I get your permission slips," he said as Bella looked. I saw Jasper arrive with Edward, Alice, and Madison. She rides with them to school and rides with Thomas and Abigail, who are with Jessica and them, back home. I look away from Jasper, noticing Mike trot up to us. " look! You're moving. You're alive!" mike mocked Dr. Frankenstein, making me laugh a little " ... yeah, false alarm..." Bella joked, Poorly if you ask me. "I'm glad you're not dead, 'cause well, that would suck, plus I wanted to ask you, even though it's like, a month away,"