XV: Up and Out

"There's still so much left to see! Now, how many children are left?" Willy said

"There's still so much left to see! Now, how many children are left?" Willy said. He turned around, taking his goggles off, and faced Charlie and Emma.

"Willy," Emma said, taking off her goggles as well. "Charlie's the only one left now." Charlie then take off the glasses.

Willy's eyes widened and he looked at Charlie. "You mean you're the only one?"

A smile played on Charlie's lips as he nodded. "Yes."

"What happened to the others?" Willy asked playfully, causing Emma to grin.

The same grin grew on Willy's face. "Oh, my dear boy! That means you've won!" Willy took Charlie's hand and started shaking it. "I do congratulate you. I really do. I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done. Now, we mustn't dilly or dally. Because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day is out!" He grabbed Charlie's wrist and broke the handshake. He then let go of his wrist and walked for the elevator. "But luckily for us, we have the Great Glass Elevator to speed thing al-" Willy ended up walking right into the elevator. Emma gasped as he fell to the floor. Willy stood back up soon after. "Speed things along." He finished. He pressed the button and the elevator opened. "Come on." He urged the Buckets. They got into the elevator with him, dumping their goggles into a bin.

Willy pressed a button, and Charlie became curious about it. "Up and out? What kind of room is that?"

"Hold on." Was all Willy told the boy. Charlie smiled at that, and he looked straight up. The elevator shot up. It was gaining more speed the higher up it went. "Oh, my goodness." Willy said, looking upwards. "We're gonna need to much faster, otherwise we'll just never break through!"

"Break through what?" Charlie asked. Emma had an idea of what Willy meant though, and she internally panicked.

"I've been longing to press that button for years!" Willy stated, staring at the boy and his aunt with an excited grin. "Well, here we go! Up and out!"

Emma then realized what Willy meant and her eyes widened. "But, do you really mean?" Emma questioned.

"Yeah, I do." Willy exclaims in a weird tone of voice.

"But it's made of glass!" Emma protested, Emma panicked now becoming externalized. "It'll smash into a million pieces!"

Willy laughed maniacally and looked up again. Emma looked at him like he was insane but she grabbed onto Charlie, and held him close to her and closed his eyes, never once daring to open them as they rapidly sped up.

Though, they opened their eyes when they heard glass shatter. The elevator had shot up so high that they were in the clouds. Then, the elevator began plummeting to the ground. Emma gripped on even tighter to Charlie, all the whole Willy was giving them a spaced out and dreamy look. He turned around and pressed a button. The elevator stopped, now with the support of rocket propellers.

Emma let out a sigh of relief, and let go of Charlie. She looked up at Willy, who was smiling gently at her. She returned the smile with a small chuckle.

"You're insane." She mouthed. The elevator moved along and from it, they could see the other guests leaving the factory.

Augustus was covered in chocolate and licking his fingers

Augustus was covered in chocolate and licking his fingers. "Augustus, please don't eat your fingers." Gisela Glopp exclaims to her son.

"But I taste so good." Augustus answered as Gisela tried to take her son's hand. Emma wouldn't be surprised if he was part chocolate.

Violet was back to her normal size, but she was blue now. She was doing cartwheels, flips and contorting in ways contortionists only knew how. "Look, Mother. I'm much more flexible now." Violet says excitedly.

"Yes, but you're blue." Scarlett Beauregarde said annoyed. Perhaps Violet could find a new passion in gymnastics.

Veruca was next. Both her and her father were covered in trash. Veruca glance up at the elevator, and then turn to her father. "Daddy, I want a flying glass elevator." Veruca said.

"Veruca, the only thing you're getting today is a bath, and that's final." Mr. Salt said this time his attitude turned to stern way and now takes control of her.

"But I want it." Veruca huffed and Rupert Salt looked at her sternly, she stomped off a little bit just before her father.

Last, but not least, was Mike. Norman Teavee was carrying Mike's jacket for him, since he was now too tall and skinny to wear it. Well, if Mike by some miracle ever got into sports, basketball would be perfect for him.

Emma couldn't help to say that she felt bad for the children. It will leave them to have bad trauma from the events from today.

"Where do you live?" Willy asked the three Buckets.

The two of them turned around. Charlie pointed out their home. "Right over there. That little house."

»»----- ♡ -----««

​​Question: Which one of the kids suffered the most trauma or scars?

My Answer: I believe Veruca suffered the worst because who wants to get attacked by squirrels.

Words: 862